Chapter 25

The Start

3rd pov

~~~ With Inosuke, Ogimoto house ~~~

"You're late!! The day still hasn't ended and she hasn't come!! Kanao, you slow girl!! I'm gonna make my move!!" Shouted Inosuke.

Inosuke, being the idiot that he is, jumped into the ceiling. Yes, his head broke the ceiling made of FREAKING wood and yelled to Uzui's mice to bring him his swords. They went under strict and hard training, have high intelligence and are strong enough to be able to carry a sword on their own.

When Inosuke got his katanas, he took off his clothes into his usual clothes, and yes with his boar mask.

"Time to kill some demons! Pig assault!!"

~~~In the Kyuugoku house~~~

"What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru? Answer quickly, and don't look back." Said Tengen holding a kunai to the master's throat.

The man simply trembled in fear of his life being taken away like his wife before answering.

"Zenko vanished, and Hinatsuru got sick so she went to a lowly brothel..." His voice trembled at the horror he was facing in his mind.

"Go on, say what's on your mind. Who do you suspect." Spoke Uzui in the same tone and voice he had used earlier.

The master simply panted, confused and scared about what was happening to him.

"Trust me and talk, I will definitely whoever it is. I will avenge your losses."

The man had thought about his dead wife for a second before speaking. "An orian named Warabihime. She lives in a room in the northern part of the building where the sunlight doesn't penetrate..!"

Silence covered the room before the master had the courage to turn around. Finding the room empty beside the fourniture and himself, the man who had spoken to him was nowhere to be found.

Uzui went to the room designated by the master. 'Not there. She's probably out hunting people. I'll head to Hinatsuru's location while continuing to search for the demon's presence. If she's still alive, she should have some useful data. Either way, the demon wull head back here at dawn. I'll definitely put an end to this with my own hands.'

~~~With Kanao in the Tokito house~~~

As Kanao entered Koinatsu's room, she Daki with what seemed to be half of the oiran's in the demon's belt.

"You a demon hunter? So you came. Indeed. How many of you are there? There was that ugly blond brat, right? Is the pillar coming? He's coming soon, right? You're not a pillar, you seem weak. You do realize I don't want any non-pillars, right? I don't eat dirty old people and abominations." Spoke Daki, looking straight into Kanao's eyes.

'What's happening to her body? Koinatsu-san's body is practically gone. There's no blood coming out, so it's probably her blood demon art.' She thought. "Let go of her."

Daki stayed silent for a second, her rage boiling in the inside. "Who do you think you're talking to?" She had said before attacking Kanao with her belt.

Kanao wasn't able to dodge, only block the attack with her katana that she had drawn moments earlier. Her breathing quickened as she processed the minimal information she had gotten from that small exchange.

'Fast... Couldn't see... Upper moon... No strength in my limbs... Getting numb... Need to calm now... CALM DOWN!' She thought to herself.