Chapter 33

Mixed Feelings

3rd pov
"Onii-chan, what are you doing?! Stand up now!!" Shouted the demoness in shock at her brother being pushed down.

'What?! I can't move my body very well! Weird! What the hell, man? It was just a human's headbutt!!' Thought Gyutaro to himself before looking down at his body. 'A kunai!! He got me right when he did his headbutt! He probably found it back then.' Recalled the demon from when Zenitsu was under the rumble. 'He clawed at the prostitute's incense bag and disguised the scent of the kunai's poison. This guy! This child! He's a weakling, a human! I gave him a beating. And I showed him the huge difference between our strengths!! Why isn't he giving up despite being all alone?! WHY ISN'T HE CRUMBLING?! Why is his will to defeat me not wavering??!' He thought as Zenitsu lifted his sword and then pushed it to Gyutaro's throat.

"WAAAAAAGHH!!" Shouted Zenitsu. 'Cut through! CUT THROUGH!!" Win. We're gonna win. For sure!' Thought the boy as he continued pushing.

"ONII-CHAN!" Shouted Daki, horrified for her brother's life. "This can't be happening!! Your head can't get cut off by someone like that!!" She added in horror, preparing her sashes.

As she threw her attack at them, they were blocked by Inosuke. She was shocked to see him standing on his feet after being stabbed in the heart, with Gyutaro's poison at that!

'This guy!! Isn't he supposed to be dead?! What is he doing here?!' She panicked.

Beast Breathing, Fifth Fang: Crazy Cutting

This technique allows Inosuke to attack his target in mid-air in all directions. With this, he was able to hit all of Daki's sashes before going for her head.

'I know how destructive your techniques are!! I've seen them so many times! Move it, freak!' Thought the demon before healing her wounds to attack again, but she wasn't fast enough.

"Urg!" She groaned in pain as Inosuke pushed her neck with his blade, her neck expanding into a long sash.

Suddenly, a small rip appeared on the sash. 'EEP!! It's getting cut off!! Crap!! This guy can move..!'

'Cut, cut, break though!! I can hold this for much longer!! Zenitsu made this once-in-a-lifetime chance. I'll cut her neck off for sure!! I will!!' Thought Inosuke as adrenaline was keeping his body running.

"GAH!!!" Shouted the boy, trying to keep strong. 'Shiiiit! I can't cut it! It's too tough!! His body should still be weakened from the poison. So I still lack strength!! ARGH!!!' He thought before being repelled into the air by Gyutaro's blood demon art.

'He's already recovered from the poison..!! He's trying to drag me in and rip me into shreds..!! The blade's getting pushed back... I was so close! I just needed a little more... NO! Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up!!! Keep clawing to the very end!' He thought at the same time.

"YOU BRAAAT!!!" Shouted Gyutaro in extreme anger.

'The speed of his attack is increasing!! The poison is wearing off! He'll go back to full strength soon!! Don't give up! Don't give...' His thought was cut off by a blade getting far too close to his neck.

Luckily for him, Uzui arrived and was able to block the hit on his hand. Seeing him shocked both Zenitsu and Gyutaro, this small time of confusion gave enough time for Tengen to attack with small explosives and his dual blades.

'He's not dead!! Even though he wasn't dead, his heart was... Oh, I see. He forced his heart to stop with his muscles. By doing so, the poison stopped circulating temporarily.' Gyutaro thought as he was counter-attacking.