Chapter 21

3rd pov
"F-father?! Weren't you sleeping? What are you doing up so soon?" Asked a surprises Senjuro to the so-called father.

"I was going the buy more Sake when I heard you talking to someone. Can I not walk in my own home?"

"I-I am sorry. Please forgive me." Bowed the boy to Shinjuro.

'What the hell? Is a father really like that to his own son? Well, it's not like I care, it's not my problem.' Sighed the youngest person on the room.

"And you..." Started the older Rengoku turning to Tanjiro. "What are you doing with a demon? Aren't you a slayer? You are supposed to kill it?"

Now that was too much, Tanjiro snapped. He wanted to kill that man on the spot, but it would blow is cover. Though he already prepared a plan with his father to become a demon when everything was perfect.

"Excuse me? But do not use it, Nezuko is my sister. Pardon my rudeness, but aren't you an early retired Hashira? It's not like you have any injuries to justify your retirement, no... you simply gave up. So who are you to talk?" Replied a sassy Tanjiro which shocked both Senjuro and his father.

"How dare you speak to me this way? You have no idea of what happened in my life!" Screamed the elder.

"Not only that, I don't care. Whatever excuses you give, you are a loser for giving up." Said the youngest in the room getting on his feet.

"Tanjiro-kun! Please don't talk this way!" Plead Senjuro.

"No! I won't! He doesn't deserve to be treated with respect, from what I heard from Rengoku-san, he doesn't do anything to help you! Not even praising his own son for becoming a Hashira when he didn't want to!" Nagged the boy.

That's when Shinjuro noticed the birthmark and earrings of Tanjiro. He thought that Tanjiro only wanted to embarrass his family name, which Tanjiro wanted to but restrained himself.

"Those earrings! Is that why you're here? Only to put shame on our family name?! Get out of my house now!!" Yelled Shinjuro pointing his finger to the door.

"Fine... Senjuro-san, your brother wanted me to tell you that he is proud of you and to always follow your heart. Goodbye, it was a pleasure to meet you." Said Tanjiro, turning to the slightly older boy. "Cmon Nezuko, get in the box. Also, I am sorry for bothering you. Shinjuro-san, Kyokuro-san wanted you to take care of your body. I think this will ne the last time you see me, again... goodbye." He added.

"Thank you!" Screamed Senjuro just before Tanjiro could pass the door.

Tanjiro slowly turned around and smiled softly, he grew quite fond of this human. Maybe he'll ask Muzan to transform him into a demon, he'll have a new brother. Tanjiro walked away, but before leaving the city, he passed in front of the sake shop. He located it. He found it. A way to kill Shinjuro. He made sure that his crow wasn't in ear-range to whisper orders to Nezuko.

"Tell father to poison every single bottle of alcohol in this shop. Fatal poison of course."

She hummed agreement. While she was telling telepathically to Muzan, Tanjiro whistled to his crow. He held his arm for the crow to sit.

"Where should I go now?" He asked.

"Caw! You should go back to the butterfly mansion! Caw!" Said the bird. "But one thing! Why did you say those things to Shinjuro Rengoku?!"

"Simply because I think what he had said and done were unjustified. He should change his way of thinking." Answered Tanjiro.

The bird nodded before taking off, probably reporting to Ubuyashiki-sama. Tanjiro then walked back to the butterfly mansion with Nezuko on his back. By the time he arrived, it was already nighttime AND had used all his energy. He was stabbed and was sick for the past few days. He fainted near the butterfly estate and Nezuko took him in her arms, while walking she bumped into the sound pillar, Uzui tengen.