Trauma

Warnings: Panic Attack, Traumatic Flashback

Relationship: Grian/Etho

Summary: The grass team and the Mycelium Resistance are at each other's throats about the war. Grian gets a flashback as they're arguing, he runs away.

~*~

"YOU CAN'T JUST WALTZ OVER INTO OUR TERRITORY, WE HAD A DEAL!"

"DUDE WE WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING, GET OFF OUR BACKS SCAR!"

The argument just went on and on. Grian moving back away from the group until he hit a wall.

"DUDE I'M TIRED OF YOU STRUTTING AROUND HERE LIKE YOU OWN THE PLACE!"

"I'M THE MAYOR!"

Such a simple argument, but those lines registered in Grian's head as complete trauma.

~!!!~

"WOULD YOU JUST GO LAY DOWN YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT?!" Sam yelled at Grian, being the usual demanding that he is, "I'M TIRED OF YOU JUST WALKING AROUND HERE THINKING YOU'RE STRONG."

Grian whimpered on the ground as Sam towered over him. His arms pulled above his head, trying to protect himself from Sam's belt.Grian pleaded for the hits to stop, they only stopped when a blow to his head knocked him out.

~*~

Grian huddled in a corner, trembling, hands and arms pulled over his ears and head as hermits were yelling at each other during the turf war.Even though the majority of their teams were arguing with each other, Etho walked up to the trembling hermit.

"Grian, hey. Are you okay? What's going on?" Etho asked, kneeling in front of him and gently pulling his hands down, "Hey, is something wrong kid?"

"I don't want them to hurt me..." He mumbled, "Please don't...""Gri..."

Etho went to hold the small hermit, but he flew away quicker than lightning speed.

"GUYS." Etho shouted, then pointed to the sky, "Grian just flew off, stop yelling."

Then he flew off after him, Etho heard at least two other people fly with him, helping search for Grian. They followed the trail to Grian's mansion.

"Grian?" Etho called out, "Grian!? Where is he?"

"I don't know.." Scar mumbled, "The three of us know his tendencies so we need to make finding him fast."

"Yeah, and we might need to put up a memory damp or something." Xisuma added, "I'd have to use my powers and I don't know if I'm going to need to actually erase the memories at this point."

"Let's worry about that later and find Grian first."

They all ran through each level of the mansion.

Etho kept to the top level and continued looking until he heard rummaging through a chest and a bunch of feathers on the ground.

"Grian, there you are." Etho sighed, "What are you doing-? GRIAN NO."

He grabbed the sharp item out of Grian's hand.

"Let's not do that, yeah? Talk to me, c'mon." Etho threw the sharp item in his inventory and carefully dragged Grian away from the chests, "I think it's time to erase some memories, Gri. Talk to me, what's going on?"

"I-It-It's just tra-trauma.." Grian hiccupped, "It's n-nothing."

"It's really not, c'mon."

Grian hugged the taller hermit and started crying into his chest.

"I got you, don't worry, I got you."

Grian and Etho sat on the ground, Etho holding Grian tight to his chest, trying to stop his trembling.

"Just relax, you're okay."

<Etho> I fond him.

<Xisuma> Did he..

<Etho> No, I stopped him before he could. It's time to wipe memories, Xisuma.

<Xisuma> I'm not doing that without his permission.

<Etho> He can't speak straight right now. So I'm calling the shots, got it?

Etho felt Grian's breathing stutter and slow, then he looked down at the hermit in his arms.

<Etho> He fell asleep, it's time to do it now.

<Xisuma> Fine.

Etho picked him up and brought him to a bed, staying by his side while Xisuma also made his way up. Xisuma made quick work of erasing some of Grian's memories.

"I don't like doing these, you know that? Memories are dangerous to remove. R-"

"Yeah, yeah, remove a core memory and we lose them completely." Etho interrupted, "I know how memory erasing works."

Xisuma tisked and carried on with the task, when he was done he told Etho to stay with him and let him know when Grian wakes.

Etho smiled at the small hermit who had just turned to his side and began reaching out for something to grip. So he put his hand with Grian's ensuring him that he was there, and for a moment, Etho swore he could see a smile on Grian's face.