Four - Birthday

It's officially my birthday which means that I'm finally 27. It feels so bizarre to say that considering that the last 5 years of my life have gone by in a blur. I still feel like a child at heart.

I stand alone in my room getting ready for the evening ahead. It's been a pretty chill day so far. I spent majority of the day hanging out with Wanda in my room. Just wanting to enjoy the day as much as possible and avoid having to think about all the issues going on around me right now.

I adjust the straps of my dress and push my hair behind my ears. "Need some help?" Wanda says from behind me.

I turn around and immediately smile. "You look beautiful" I tell her.

She smiles and does a small bow. "What can I say, my friend has good taste in dresses" she winks over at me and I laugh.

I had let Wanda borrow the dress to wear tonight and she looks stunning. So much better than I ever could've looked in it.

(The white dress is Andi's and the red one is Wanda's)

"That white dress is so beautiful" she tells me. I smile and do a little twirl. Showing off the beautiful dress.

"Will you do my hair?" I ask. She smiles and nods her head.

"Come take a seat" she tells me. I sit on the edge of my bed and she crawls behind me holding the curling iron.

"If you burn me with that, so help me god, I will kill you" I tell her with a laugh.

"Have a little faith Andi"

I smile and allow her full control over my hair. I watch her in the mirror as she curls each individual piece of hair. "Are you excited?" She asks me.

"No" I tell her. "But you were right. I really do need this right now. I need to be with my friends. You guys are my family now. I don't have anyone else left"

"Friends are the family you chose" she smiles down at me.

"I'm worried that all this has ruined my friendship with Steve. I didn't expect it to hurt this bad but it literally feels like he's stomped all over my heart. How can I try and be his friend when I was literally falling for him. He may be able to switch his feelings off but I'm not able to do that. I can't just pretend like he didn't hurt me" I tell her softly.

"I don't think he was thinking clearly" she responds. "I see the way he looks at you, Andi. There's more than just friendship there. And he knows that too. He will figure it out in the end that you guys are meant to be. It just may take him time"