Eight - Moving out

I stand with my bags in my hand and look back into my room. Despite the fact I'm moving out, I've left the majority of my belongings behind. I'm using it as way of ensuring I have to return.

Before reading Tony's letter, I wasn't sure on my future or what that included but now I know. Leaving is just temporary. I owe it to Tony to come home and live my life. I just need to give myself time to adjust to all these changes.

I take one last look at my room before closing the door and walking down the hall, towards the living room. I had planned to meet Wanda and Clint here. I can hear their voices as I get closer to the room. I smile to myself. I know I'm making the right decision.

As I walk into the room they both stop talking and look up at me. "Morning" they both say with a smile.

"Morning guys" I reply. "I'm all packed. Just need to say goodbye to a few people"

Wanda raises her eyebrows and smirks my way. "What?" I ask with a knowing smile.

"You mean that you need to say goodbye to Steve" she winks. I roll my eyes and laugh. I mean, she isn't wrong.

"Whatever" I smile.

"I'll put your bags in the jet" Clint says with a smile. "Go say your goodbyes. Both of you" he directs the last part to both me and Wanda. She nods her head and leaves the room.

"I'll meet you outside" I say with a smile. Clint nods his head.

I watch him pick up all the bags and begin to leave the room. I then turn and make my way towards Steve's room. His is on the same floor as mine.

I knock twice and wait for a response. "Come in" a voice says from inside. I slowly open the door and walk in. He is sat on the edge of his bed. He smiles when I walk into the room. I close the door behind me and move to take a seat beside him on the bed.

"You okay?" I ask him gently. He nods his head.

"Are you?" He asks in return.

"I'm doing okay. Mixed emotions" I tell him honestly.

"I can't believe you're leaving" he mutters.

"I'm going to come back"

He looks up at me and smiles. "You are?"
He asks. I nod my head. "I thought you hadn't decided that yet?"

"I hadn't but after reading Tony's letter, I decided that I can't hide away forever. I owe it to him to continue my life"

"He wrote you a letter?"

I smile. "And he made me a suit" I tell him.

He chuckles and nods his head. "I saw this coming"

"I didn't" I laugh. "He always refused to build me one. No matter how many times I begged, he always told me it would be too dangerous. I guess he's finally realised that this is the best way to keep me safe"

"I don't know, you do a pretty good job at protecting yourself with your axe" Steve smiles.

"Only because I trained and trained. Besides, I don't have super strength like you" I say with a smile. "I'm not invincible Steve. I can be easily harmed. The suit will keep me much safer"