Six - Goodbyes

(A/N: this is how I always pictured Andi's bedroom at headquarters

(A/N: this is how I always pictured Andi's bedroom at headquarters. You can picture it however you like but I just wanted to include the photo so you could all see how I imagined it)

After finishing our food, we both head to our separate rooms to get packing. I stand in my doorway and address the situation. I'm just going to pack the necessities. I can always come back if I forget anything. I walk towards my wardrobe and pull out two of my biggest duffle bags. I immediately just start throwing my clothes in. Picking them out at random and throwing them into my bags. I can always iron them later.

Once all my clothes are packed, I then move over to all my other belongings. Packing them into the other bag. I pause when I come across a bracelet. It was given to me for my 16th birthday from Tony. I hold the bracelet tightly between my fingers. Examining all the charms he had gifted me over the years. There's a charm representing every member on the team.

A suit for Tony, a hammer for Thor, a shield for Steve, a bow and arrow for Clint, a gun for Nat and an axe to represent me. I have so many I want to add to the collection eventually. It just feels odd knowing that Tony will never get to buy me another charm. This was our thing. Every year for my birthday, he would gift me a charm. It breaks my heart that I will never get to experience that with him again.

I clasp the bracelet around my wrist and smile. Wearing this is almost like carrying around a piece of Tony. I stand and once again begin packing up my stuff.

I lean down to pick up some shoes and begin throwing them into my bag. A knocking at my door distracts me. I stand up straight and turn towards the door. "Come in" I call out. The door opens and Steve steps into the room.

He closes the door behind him and walks forward. I don't really understand why he is here. What more could we really have to talk about?

"So you're leaving?" He asks. He leans against the end of my bed frame and looks over at me.

"It's what's best right now" is all I tell him.

"You cant seriously believe that?"

I shrug. "Of course it's what's best"

"Are you doing this because of us?" He asks. I look up and sigh.

"Not everything is about us Steve." I say with a smile. "I just need a break from here."

"I really am sorry you know" he says gently.

"For ending things with me? Kissing Sharon? Or are you just sorry you got caught?" I hiss. He looks shocked.