12 - Dream and Reality

TW: vulgar language=censored

Leo's P.O.V.:

After I had blacked out, I was in some kind of coma.

It felt like a decade and at first nothing special happened. I was sitting in some kind of black space.

I couldn't define where was up, down, left or right. I couldn't even see the ground beneath me. For most of the time head scenarios of the evening before repeated themselves so at some point I just laid there on my side in a fetal position sobbing hysterically. Everything was just black and that made it even worse. Or at least until "it" happened.

All of a sudden everything brightened. I was in some kind of room and everything was white. It was a cubic room and the walls were as bright as the light coming from somewhere. My eyes had to adjust, but from the time everything went white I could see a silhouette appearing in front of my eyes. At first it was just rough edges, but while my eyes were adjusting to the change of scenario I could see clearer. There he stood. With an huge smiled. His hair unkempt as always. He wore some sort of blouse. His beautiful, green eyes brightly shining like they always used to.

"Long time no see, pretty boy?".

If it were for me, he would just disappear, I would convince myself that I've only been seeing stuff and would've just laid there somewhere in my mind.

"No hug, for old time's sake?", he said and smirked.

"F*ck you", I replied still not believing he stood there.

"This isn't real, that's not Nicky", I muttered under my breath.

"Wow, what did I do this time, pretty boy?"

"You could've at least replied to all the letters I sent you, ssh*l".

"What letters?", he replied surprised.

"Don't act dumb with me, Baudelaire. I haven't seen you in almost one year and a half and the only thing you've done so far was lying", I then said annoyed.

"I never got letters, pretty boy", he said and scratched the back of his head.

"Didn't you miss me at least a little bit?", Nicky added immediately.

"Of course I did, sherlock", I said trying to ignore all the times I had been crying over him.

Of course I would've wanted to run towards him and hug him tightly, but after the day before I wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't.

"How did you even get here?", I asked out of curiosity.

"Some rune crap. Amazing sh*t, am I right?".

"How do I know that my mind isn't playing tricks with me?".

"You still wear my old ring", he said, but I still wasn't convinced.

For some time we just stood there in silence until I was full of it.

"I got your sketchbook", I said breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Did you like it?", Nicky asked.

I didn't reply and he just smiled as if  he read my mind. We were talking about all the crap that had happened in the past year and got closer and closer as the conversation went on.

At one point he remained silent and just looked me in the eyes. He then cupped my face with his heads and kissed me straight forward. His kiss wasn't rough rather rushed, but still careful and full of love.

"I wanted to do this the past 20 minutes", Nicky said smiling and scratched his nape in embarrassment.

I couldn't hold back anymore. What happened yesterday was one of the most traumatic experiences I've ever been through. Now seeing the real Nicky and thinking back to what the fake Nicky had told me the day before, made me collapse emotionally.