18 - The Portal

Leo's POV:

My first thought was "Shit."

The demon just smiled coldly and revealed a row of sharp teeth. If I remembered correctly his name was Tempus. But I didn't really had much time to think about that anyway.

Instead of fighting himself, he raised his hands and an army of shadow-like creatures appeared next to him.

Magnus dashed forward and started to attack them with different spells but I didn't have time to watch him because 3 of the shadow monsters attacked Nicky. He tried to defend himself but I knew he was not the best fighter, so I stormed towards him and called out "Umbriel!" to activate my seraph blade. I sliced through the bodies with a quick spin and then turned around to check on Nicky. He looked afraid but unharmed. I gave him a quick nod and jumped right into the other monsters to help Magnus. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body, it was a great feeling.

After around 10 minutes I realised that the shadow figures reformed and not just that. They duplicated themselves. I turned around to see Magnus and Nicky. I could feel that they got weaker and already had some scratches here and there. I cursed and fought my way free to reach them.

"Boy's, I don't know for how long we can fight them. You need to go. One of you needs to go through a portal and call for help."

"Nicky goes!" I yelled because I wanted to see him in safety.

He looked at me in despair.

"No, Leo don't send me away! I want to stay with you!"

"Nicky you have to go please, get us help!"

"No you can't just send me away I need to fight beside you, why would you send me away?" he almost yelled and suddenly he looked like a young scared boy.

"Am I such a liability?" Tears started to roll down his wounded cheeks.

I closed the distance between us and swung my arms around his slender body.

"Listen, you will be the one who saves us, alright? You will call for help and then come back with the other Shadowhunters and we will meet us here again. It's just a few minutes. And don't worry about me and Magnus. We can fight them a little longer but I count on you. I promise you everything will be fine."

I pressed my lips against his, they tasted salty from all his tears. The kiss was short but desperate. Then, I pulled away and pushed him into the portal that Magnus had opened behind us.

The last thing I was was his face and his shocked and devastated expression.

And then I realised.

The expression of his face had unlocked something in me. The knowledge of him being hurt mentally and physically and the whole situation brought up a huge wave of anger and something else. A strange power rose in me and I let it take control over me. The power flooded my entire body

I raised my arms and released the power.

A wave of explosion hit the apartment and the last thing I saw before I fainted was violet light.

Everywhere.

Nicky's POV:

I hit the floor hard when I arrived in the institute. The other's must have heard my scream because soon I was surrounded by Leo's siblings and Clary.

"What happened and where is Leo?!" Alec yelled.

I tried holding back my tears and explained them what happened.

"We were just walking through the city and got attacked by demons and Leo got hurt by one and the wound was poisoned so we went to Magnus to help us but then there was this scary demon with red eyes and he attacked us and-" I stuttered.

Suddenly, Alec grabbed my shirt and pressed me against the wall.

"Are you telling me he got hurt protecting your useless ass and then you brought him AND Magnus in danger and now you left both of them while they are fighting alone against a greater demon!?"

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and started crying. " I am so sorry- I didn't want to leave him and I never wanted to get him into trouble or-"

"But you did!" Alec yelled.

"That's enough Alec, let the poor boy be and let's focus on helping our brother and Magnus." I heard Izzy say and felt a huge relief wash over me. I loved her.

"We will talk about that later, Baudelaire." he hissed but let me go.

The others were already on their way to the weapons chamber or applied runes. This time I would actually be helpful and fight with my friends. I searched the weapons arsenal for a weapon that would fit me and after a while I found a kind of boomerang but with blades at both sides. I felt like they were the right choice since I have never been good with swords or daggers. I took 2 of the boomerangs and met the others in the hallways.

"Let's take the motorcycles, they are the fastest option after a portal and we don't have one at the moment." Jace suggested.

Izzy squeaked in excitement. "I always wanted to try them out!"

Jace guided us to a hidden garage with 3 motorcycles.

He and Clary took the first one while Alec chose the one in the middle.

"You can ride with me." Izzy exclaimed and I followed her to the 3. motorcycle.

Alec took the lead and we followed behind him. I was sure we were much about the speed limit but that was our smallest problem. Nobody would dare to mess with 5 full armoured shadow hunters anyway.

However, the ride was very scary and I pressed myself against Izzy's body. In comparison to me, she really seemed to enjoy the ride.

When we arrived at the Apartment we were blinded by some strange violet light and we knew, this must be a bad sign. One after one, we sprinted up the narrow staircase and finally arrived at Magnus's pent house. I struggled to regain my breath and followed the others into the now dark living room. Alec was the first one who arrived. He immediately ran to the warlock who looked weak and exhausted but was mostly unhurt.

"We saw strange violet light, was that you Magnus?" Izzy asked. He shook his head and pointed to someone in the corner.

"Leo!" I yelled and ran to him. He was sitting, leaned against the wall and looked exhausted and something else I couldn't quite tell. lost? broken?

I tried to hug him but he pushed me away.

"Don't touch me!" he said with a trembling voice.

Author's note:

Yay another chapter! I hope you enjoyed it uwu Leo and me love writing this story and we are always delighted to see your amazing feedback!

Have a nice day:)

.