16 - Coffee, Spice Girls and Demons

Leo's P.O.V.:
The next morning I woke up cuddling up against Nicky. He wasn't awake yet and his beautiful blond lashes shone brightly in the morning sun. His chest rose and sunk peacefully. I didn't want to wake him up so I tried to sneak out of bed without him noticing, but he stood up, yawned and stretched himself. He came towards me giving me a peck on my cheek.
"Good morning, pretty boy", he said and left as if nothing was bothering him.
He didn't care if people saw him marching proudly out of my room. I obviously felt embarrassed and that especially made him feel at ease.

After washing my face to clear my thoughts I joined the rest in the kitchen. The smell of boiling coffee made my stomach rumble. Everyone was sitting there with a coffee mug in one hand and a sesame bagel in the other busy discussing about something.
"Sleeping beauty has finally made us the pleasure to join us for breakfast", Jace winked and as I walked past him I punched his arm.
"You must've stayed up until late", Izzy assumed and looked Nicky and me up and down. My hair was messy and huge eye bags were to be seen. Nicky on the other hand had already changed and was happily smiling at me.
"You both had fun, I presume", Jace grinned. Nicky choked on a sip of coffee and looked at me helpless wanting me to find an excuse. But I just took a mug and sat down next to him.
Alec was raging at that point his face going red of anger. Isabelle giggled and Jace grinned patting my shoulder proudly. Like a father does when his son tells him he lost his v-card in an old Lada Niva.
"Nope. I'm done. Let's address the elephant in the room. Yes, Nicky slept in my room and no, keep in mind that I'm looking at you Mr. Grumpy,", I said pointing at Alec who got even more tense, "it's not as bad as you think, okay? And as if you are little angels. C'mon the walls are thin as hell so don't try to deny it. You can't fool me, lovebirds", I then added and looked at Jace and Clary intensely.
"Ouch, my pride", Jace replied and laughed. Clary stayed silent. She obviously felt uneasy. Izzy made some comments like "that's my little brother" or "a real Lightwood".

After that not so pleasant breakfast I got into my room and changed. Someone knocked at the door.
"Want to go out together? Like a date? Like normal people do? I don't know, let's say, we go to the Central Park?", Nicky asked already standing in the doorway and smiled brightly. He clearly was nervous since his hands were shaking.
"Hmmmm...what if I say no?", I replied teasing him.
"Th-then that would be really embarrassing and awkward for me a-and I would have to handle with y-your brother and I definitely don't like the idea of that", Nicky then said and his hands were shaking even more.
"Okay, but today will be on you".
I walked past him and when he wasn't following me I turned around and waved at him as to come.
"L-like right now?", Nicky lighted up.
"Yes?", I asked rhetorically.
"Oh-oh. Okay".
Nicky caught up and we left with no warning.

First we didn't know where to go, but we ended up in a cute cafe somewhere in Lenox Hill, Manhattan.
We got a cup of coffee and sat down. Soon I noticed that a group of girls, maybe 5 15-year olds, was staring at Nicky. I mean I should've thought about it sooner that people might find him attractive and hit on him, but it never actually occurred to me that it might really happen. I was jealous. Maybe a little too much, but you can't be too careful in a relationship right? I tried to tell them through looks that he was taken and to never lay hands on him but they didn't get the signal. They got up and walked towards our table.
"Uhm, hi. I'm Elisabeth but people call me Lizzy. My friends and I were wondering if we could get your number. Unless-", one girl in a pink top stopped mid sentence after clearing her throat and gave me dirty looks. She put one hand on her hip and with the other one she toyed around with her ponytail.
Nicky was about to answer himself, but I intervened.
"That's cute, but unluckily for you he's already taken", I said taking Nicky's hand and leaning back in my chair arrogantly and the girls directed their death wishing eyes at me, "even if he wasn't, I don't think you'd be his type anyways , you know. He doesn't like cheap wannabe spice girls, now do you Nicky love? Oh and I'm not looking forward to share what's mine with anyone especially you. Now do us the favour and take your pink fancy drinks, your dropped jaw from the floor and your minions and leave. Oh and darling. I can call you darling, right? Your eyeliner is as straight as my boyfriend and by the way there's a spelling mistake on your fake Dolce&Gabbana purse", I then added pronouncing every single syllable and put a fake smile on. Nicky was obviously enjoying the show and did everything in his power to hold back a laugh. The girls were embarrassed and that Elisabeth wanted to say something, but she didn't want to embarrass herself even more, did she? So they left.

Nicky watched them leave and when he turned around he bursted out laughing.
"Your fangs are showing, pretty boy", Nicky said laughing.
"Damn, reading people like books is exhausting", I replied and Nicky laughed even more.
We left and went to the Central Park. We were walking next to a small pond and Nicky couldn't stop talking about what just had happened and about how awesome I was. He told me over and over that he would never leave me especially not for those girls to reassure me, but I still didn't know how I felt about all that.

Suddenly it went cold. All my hair stood up. A cold breeze blew into my face. Something from the pond jumped right at Nicky and threw him against a tree.
"Nicky!", I screamed at him and charged towards the demon standing on top of Nicky.
The demon had a long tail with a huge sting.
With two stabs the demon dissolved into dust.
Nicky was panting and couldn't stand on his own feet for some time.
"Watch out!", Nicky shouted and the both of us jumped to the ground. Other such demons were materialising in front of us.

Protectively I stood in front of Nicky spreading my arms.
I threw both my daggers into one's shoulder blades. It's arms where useless now. The demon screeched in pain. Taking my stele out I quickly drew a speed and accuracy rune.
I threw myself onto the demon I had hurt. The demon tried to get me off of itself by moving around wildly. I took the daggers out of its shoulders at cut its throat. The demon vanished and I fell onto the ground.
Immediately I charged at the other demons. Soon only a few were left. Nicky every once and then yelled at me to look out for other demons.
Surprisingly they didn't care about Nicky at all.
He tried to help but that didn't work out well.
And the demons tried to harm me as less as possible. I didn't know what was going on, but honestly I had other stuff to care about then.

One cut my arm with their crawls and it started bleeding. I concentrated on killing the others and kept attacking. One after another disintegrated into thin dust. The moment the last demon fell Nicky ran towards me and hugged me tightly.
He kept asking me if everything was alright and beside the cut at my arm and some bruises at my arms I was just fine.
"I-I'm sorry. I should've helped you, b-but I'm so lost and useless. I-It's all my fault", he said his voice shaking.
"Nicky. Look at me", I replied and took his chin with one hand. He looked me in the eyes and I saw salty tears appearing in his eyes. I wiped them away and gave him a peck on the lips just to calm him down.

"We should head back. There are probably more demons from where those came from", Nicky said ready to leave.
"No, it's not safe there. I know where to go. Just follow me", I immediately responded.
"H-how?", Nicky tried to form a proper sentence, but I was already directing myself to the exit.
We ended somewhere in Turtle Bay.
Even though I hadn't stayed in New York for long I somehow knew where to go. Like some voice in my mind was telling me directions. Nicky just followed me holding my hand. Suddenly someone took my wrist. I turned around to see who it was and standing there right in front of me was a man in a black suit. His hair was brushed back and he had a scar going from his left eye to his cheek. His eyes were red as blood. Besides the demonic eyes he looked like a mafia boss from the old movies.
Everything seemed to disappear even Nicky. It was only me and him. His grip tightened and I yelped.
His grip was almost burning as if hot metal was holding my hand. No doubt that he could've broken my wrist without hesitation like a stick.

"We've finally got the pleasure to meet, Sir Lightwood. My apologies for this unpleasant
get-together, but I presume I had no choice. Where are my manners? Let me introduce myself.
I'm Tempus, the greater demon of time. I might add that my boss would be delighted to meet you. May you make me the favour to accompany me?", the man said in a very low almost abnormal voice smirking. Suddenly everything was back to normal. Nicky and I were somewhere near Turtle Bay and there was a huge crowd. My wrist was still hurting. There was some sort of imprint made of bruises.
"Did you just see that?", I asked Nicky but he only looked at me as if I had said the strangest thing ever.

That's when I noticed.
Dozens of people from every shape and appearance were looking at me with the same blood-red eyes, like the man's. They were all creepily grinning at me.
What tricks was my mind playing with me? I walked faster creeped out.

"The day of the prophecy will come", the red eyed people said in unison. My head began spinning and then my vision went black.

———————————————————————————
Authors' note:
Hello luvs :D
how ya doin?
A new chapter yay! Don't you just love the sassy Leo? Well I do XD
anyways i hope you are all fine.
see ya <3