20 - Hidden past

(This chapter is told like a story, but basically that's what Leo sees when the Mortal Sword reveals the past to him)

When the wicked was outraging the Archangel Raziel came down to earth and created the three Mortal Instruments. The Mortal Cup, the Mortal Sword and the Mortal Mirror. Raziel poured his holy blood in the cup and so the Shadowhunters rose. Society bloomed and so did the Shadowhunters. With the only believe to protect the humans from the wicked.
Raziel gave them the ability to use angelic runes to improve their abilities.

Through the blood of Raziel was a bond to the Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters have angelic blood in their veins. This bond is never to be broken, so Raziel and the other Archangels swore to never cross the line and fall for a human especially not a Shadowhunter. Whoever broke this holy rule was to be punished. This is the story of an endless but forbidden love.

One day the Archangel Gabriel and messenger of the Angels (in Judaism the messenger of God) looked down to earth to see both humans and Shadowhunters happily living all together.
Then he noticed a beautiful woman with coal black hair and breathtaking eyes combing her wet hair and signing next to a pond. She was drying herself off in the sun and Gabriel immediately fell in love with her. Everyday Gabriel would fly down to earth just to talk to her at the pond. Later on at night he'd come visit her at her bed chambers. Soon it was hard to hide the unborn child growing in her womb.

"People have been suspecting a pregnancy and I can't hide it anymore", Celestia Beausoleil told her beloved one stroking her belly.
"I know, darling. But what can we do?", the beautiful Gabriel responded.
"If my family finds out about the baby, they'll take it from me and I won't, I can't allow that, Gabriel".
Celestia looked outside of her window seeing the dark, magical midnight sky and the sun already rising on the horizon.
"Marry me. You won't have to worry about anything. I love you, Celestia. We'll raise our child together somewhere where no one won't find us", Gabriel took Celestia's hand and put the other on her belly as well.
"You know we can't, my love. You know that I'd do anything to make this happen, but we just can't. Please don't make me do this".
"What if I gift you immortality? We wouldn't be able to be torn apart. We'd be together until eternity", he continued.
"Don't be a fool, silly. That goes against nature, against everything we've been taught all along", Celestia said and smiled warmly.

Celestia hid her pregnancy very well until she went into labour. The maidens were in her bad chambers until late. Finally loud screeching was heard.
The child of a Shadowhunter and an Archangel was born. She couldn't deny it anymore. People called her a disgrace to the Shadowhunters being unmarried but pregnant. She didn't reveal the father's identity. Everything was going according to plan. Kind of. Then their child, Benedict, became 8 years old. 8 was Gabriel's assigned number since he was the 8th Archangel, so he visited his son.
One night he materialised in front of his son and Celestia at their balcony. Little Benedict first was confused, but quickly excitement and happiness overcame his fear and confusion. Still he was too young to understand who his father was.
But it was beautiful as it lasted, because Celestia's new husband, who impregnated her with his child and had helped her through desperate times, caught them.

Soon everybody knew about it. Even the holy Archangel Raziel got the news. Raziel infuriated imprisoned Gabriel into a stone tower's cell, which location no one knows. Everyday Raziel in person pays a visit and plugs one of Gabriel's feathers out.
Raziel put a curse onto his child, Benedict, and his future descendants. No one of his descendants would live a happy life and would live in endless agony and sorrow. With the magic Gabriel had left he gifted his son's bloodline the gift that some of his descendants have the ability to summon endless angelic power and that they were the only one affected by the curse. They were the only one who could break the curse and free Gabriel as well.

Benedict was the first Lightwood to be ever born.

Leo's P.O.V.:
I woke up bathed in cold sweat laying on a freezing stone floor my head resting in the prettiest boy's lap.
Nicky looked down to me and grinned. He kissed me and his hair brushed my face making it tickle. I couldn't help but smile against his lips and so did he.
"I had to hold back almost a week. Do you know how hard it was", he said helping me to stand up.
That's when I noticed only Nicky and I were in that round stone room. The moonlight was fading behind huge, silvery clouds.  Alec, Izzy, Jace, Clary and some Silent Brothers bursted into the room right as Nicky was about to kiss me again. Everyone except for the Silent brothers, who stayed expressionless, were surprised and delighted at the same time. Alec squinting his eyes at Nicky threatening him like a big brother.
"We are sorry to interrupt whatever 'that' is", Jace said and waving a vague hand gesture at us, "and I clearly hate being the party crasher buuuuuuut the Silent City is being attacked. The Silent Brothers got our backs, but we should probably leave. So as long as you lovebirds don't want to get killed while sucking each other's face off, we should head back. Like right now".
Nicky didn't show any reaction as if he hadn't heard of anything Jace  just said. I on the other hand bit my inner cheek and got all red. We left right after.

The next morning I woke up in Nicky's bed covered in hickeys on my neck. Nicky was cuddled up my back. He's always been the big spoon. I ran immediately to Izzy's room knocking as quite as possible at her door.
"Jesus Christ", she moaned half asleep.
After we had taken care of my very visible hickeys we dragged each other in the kitchen where everyone was munching on fresh pancakes. Even though Nicky hadn't gotten any sleep, and I take responsibility for that, he was as alive as ever.

"We're going on a road trip!"
(fyi after that I was pretty much awake)

*Author's note*
hello luvs <3
how ya doin
a new chapter :DDDDD
yayyyyyyyyyyy
anyway sarah and i hope you liked this chapter mwah mwah many smol cute kisses for y'all <33333
see ya!
P.s.: there might me some things that contradict the original book, BUT this is still just a fanfic haha
anywayyyyyyy havw a nice day ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎