Chapter 13

"You will be stupid. You will
worry your parents. You will
question your own choices, your relationships, your jobs, your friends, where you live, what you studied in college, that you went to college at all... If that happens, you're doing it right." - Ira Glass

●●●

I'm surprised but I should've known. Leonardo and I have to share a room.

"Do we really have to?"

"Yes," Leonardo deadpans.

"Doesn't it weird you out even a little bit?" I nibble on my nails. A very bad habit.

"I've been in situations where I had to share a bed with my female cousins when I was younger. This isn't any different."

I expected him to say he had been in bed with many woman and he was used to it. What I did not expect was for him to practically family zone me.

"Okay, whatever. I'm taking the left side," I say, retreating to the bathroom to change into my pajamas.

The bathroom is, of course, state-of-the-art. Since meeting Leonardo, I've become less and less fascinated with things like this, but I have a feeling I will take my words back soon.

I mentally groan when I open the little bag that contains my sleepwear. I hadn't thought things through and I packed my Strawberry Shortcake and Dora the Explorer pajamas. How very sexy.

If I'd been a little more alert, I could've bought more age appropriate sleepwear online before we came.

I slip the Strawberry Shortcake themed tank top and shorts on and I've never felt more unattractive.

Even though I have no intentions of making myself desirable to Leonardo in any way, it wouldn't hurt to prove him wrong about my 'vulgar aesthetic' - and any fully functioning female would hate for someone insanely attractive to compare them to their cousins.

I step out of the bathroom and Leonardo suppresses a smile when he sees me. As expected.

I wish he'd just let his guard down and actually smile, even if it's at my expense.

I huff in an immature way that probably looks comical coupled with my juvenile choice of attire. "What?"

This seems to amuse him all the more. He pulls a feigned look of confusion. "Pardon?"

"You're giving me a look."

"A look?"

"Yes. A look. Like I'm some animal that can talk."

He starts to arrange our luggage in a much better order. Neat freak.

"Well," he says walking past me, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

I've always known Leonardo was tall but for some reason I'm noticing it all the more now. He makes our cabin look smaller than it normally would've been to me. It doesn't help that I stand at 5'3 either.

"Hey, how tall are you?" I realize how out-of-the-blue that was only after I've already spoken.

He gives me a weird look. "I'm 6'3."

I let out a vey unladylike whistle. "You're a literal giant. I wish you were a friendly giant though."

If he notices that I'm talking about the first day we met, he doesn't show it. He simply ignores my remark.

"It's a little cold tonight. Should I turn the electric blanket on?" he asks.

I go to raid the mini fridge. "Yeah, I'm freezing."