Reunited?

Draco was tired. Exhausted really. Ever since Hogwarts. Sleep never came. His pale skin became almost transparent and the bags beneath his eyes were darker than they had ever been. The war had probably affected him more than anyone. At least he had his friends: Pansy and Blaise. And he knew they would never leave his side, at least, not soon. 

He crawled out of his bed after another failed attempt to go to sleep and walked into the kitchen of his new apartment. All this time he had been staying with Pansy and Blaise in Blaise's flat, but it was too small. They all pitched in and bought this new roomy apartment so, thank Merlin, he had his own space. 

He had sold Malfoy Manor to an excited museum owner, who was planning on making it a museum about the war, though Draco couldn't comprehend as to why anyone would want to be reminded of such a terrible thing. He only took his clothes and wand, and left everything else in the house for the new owner to do with as he pleased. 

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a loud snore coming from Blaise's room. Thank Merlin he had put silencing charms around his room, he would have probably gone crazy. He poured some coffee into a emerald green mug and sipped it quietly. 

Suddenly, he heard a rhythmic tapping on the window and drew open the curtains to see what it was. That turned out to be a huge mistake. 

The light suddenly flooded in as momentarily blinded him, and what seemed to be an owl flew into his face. Tripping over his feet he tumbled backwards, spilling his coffee everywhere. Opening his eyes, he groaned loudly. What a fantastic start of the new day. 

Nevertheless, he sat up to get some owl treats, fed some to the owl and got the letter from its beak. 

"What in the name of Merlin is going on here! Who's making all this ruckus? Are we being robbed?" Pansy stormed in screaming, her wand at the ready. Seeing Draco and the spilt coffee, she obviously realised what had happened and she fetched a cloth to clean it up. Her eyes were still drooping and she seemed fatigued, so Draco remained quiet. He gestured for her to come and showed her the letter. 

Dear Malfoy, Zabini and Parkinson,

Ron, Hermione and I have decided that we would love to end this petty, childish rivalry we have had since our first year at Hogwarts. We were thinking that we could try to at least get on good terms with each other. The war has changed us all, and we are willing to look past our previous... quarrels. You don't have to agree to this, we would just like to make amends. 

Regards, 

Harry Potter

P.S: Though we have all agreed to this decision, Ron and Hermione have no idea I've sent this letter, I would like it to be a surprise for them. They've been fighting a bit lately and, if we meet, I hope you can be a bit patient with them. 

Draco blinked. What the hell? He must have read it wrong. He read it again. His jaw dropped. Silently, he handed it to Pansy. A minute or so later, her eyes widened and the letter fell to the floor. 

Blaise seemed to have chosen that moment to come out of his room and he rubbed his eyes. It had never been this quiet before, and he peered around the wall to the kitchen at the laughable sight.

Draco, his jaw dropped was staring blankly at the wall in front of him, and Pansy, her arms in front of her as though she was holding something, was staring at the ground, dumbfounded, at a letter. 

"Heeeeeeey," he said in a sing-song voice, causing Draco to get startled and fall off the chair he was sitting on. Pansy jumped and her head snapped in his direction.

"What on earth is wrong with you two? he asked, trying to keep the mirth out of his voice. 

Draco silently scooped the letter up from the floor and handed it to him. Blaise actually fell on the floor, and Draco was sure he had fainted. 

When he woke up, Blaise exclaimed weakly, "What in the actual fuck?"

"I know right!" Draco and Pansy yelled in unison. 

"What are we going to do?"

"Yeah, we all know YOUR lifelong crush on Weasley and Pansy's prodigious crush on Granger."

"And let's not forget about your COMPLETELY obvious infatuation with Potter!" Pansy snapped. "We've known about that since at least third year!"

"Wait, really?"

"Let's just say you do an abysmal job in diguising it," Blaise replied, "Anyway, what are we going to tell them? Their owl is still here, so they're obviously waiting for a reply."

Draco and Pansy, who hadn't noticied this, glanced over to the overly excited owl and grimaced. 

"I guess we're saying yes, right?" Draco said.

"I guess."

"Hold up now boys, I have a feeling at least one of you buffoons will made utter fools of yourselves."

"I guess you're right Pansy, but shouldn't we still try while we've got a chance?" Draco pleaded.

Pansy paused for a second, thoughtful, and then gave in. "Alright, but we have to try and be nice, for once. We have to forget our old habits if we're actually going to try this. Think before you speak, got it? We don't want to have any accidents to make this all go wrong."

"Yep."

"Absolutely."

"I guess we're doing this then!"