Many Meetings

Andromeda Tonks POV:

I was in the middle of feeding a 3-year-old Teddy when I heard a knock on the door. Oh! Harry's here! I remembered. 

Opening the door, I frowned. I didn't ask him to bring a guest did I?

But when the other boy looked up, I gasped. He looks exactly like his mother. His eyes were grey-blue, in between both his parent's colours, and his face was pale and pointed, though, I have to admit, his eyes are warm, unlike his parents'. 

"Hi Andy!" Harry spoke, breaking the awkward silence. He rubbed the back of his neck in visible discomfort. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, it was last minute." He glanced at my nephew.

I pause for a moment, lost in thought, but then suddenly snap my head up. "It's alright dear, come on in. Teddy's just finishing his lunch."

"This late?"

I rolled my eyes. "Trying to get him to sit down was a complete nightmare."

Cissy's son grinned, looking down. I usher them in and pull out chairs for them to sit on. Teddy giggled, yelling, "Harry! Harry!"

Harry grinned mischevously, "Hiya Teddy! Have you finished eating?"

Teddy shook his head, looking down. Suddenly his eyes brightened. 

"If I eat, can we play cars?"

Harry feigned deep thought and then looked at Teddy, who had now resorted to doing his famous puppy-dog eyes. Draco snorted.

"Who's that Harry?" Teddy asked curiously.

"He's your cousin, Draco Malfoy. He came today because he wanted to meet you. Isn't that nice?"

Teddy nodded fervently. Draco flashed him a smile. While Teddy asks Draco questions, I gesture for Harry to help me tidy up so I can talk to him. 

"So you decided to be friends? How long has this been going on? I've wanted to meet him and see if he's like his mother. How is Narcissa by the way? Have you talked to her?"

"Woah, woah woah," Harry calmed me down, and I realised I had been ranting again. "Well, we decided to make a truce, Ron Hermione and I, with him and his friends. We met up for the first time today for lunch. Narcissa is fine, I owled her yesterday."

Draco, who had seemingly been overhearing our conversation, piped in:

"Since when have you been talking to my mother?"

"Since the war," Harry answered matter-of-factly.

"How do I not know about this?"

"Does it concern you?"

Draco stayed silent at that, and Harry smirked evilly. It took all my strength not to laugh at my nephew's face as I leaned on the counter. Once the uncomfortable silence had passed, I quickly washed the dishes while letting the other three get on with their conversation. I sneaked some the blonde glances though, and saw that my nephew was doing the same. When he wasn't looking though, I noticed something. The way he looked at Harry. He was so obviously in love with him, and Harry was so oblivious that, of course, he didn't notice, or even suspect a thing. 

I smiled, but continued to wash the dishes as though nothing had happened.

Draco Malfoy POV:

I was so unsure of what to do. I caught my Aunt looking at me and smiling knowingly, but she couldn't know, could she?

I stared into space, wondering if I should say something, but I decided against it. I sigh, staring at my straw-haired cousin directly in the eyes. All of a sudden, his hair turned a light platinum-blond and his eyes became the exact same shade as mine. My eyes widen in shock, and then my eyebrows raise in realisation.

"He's a metamorphagus?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the child.

Potter replied instantly. "Yes. Like his mother."

This time I turned to look at him. He had suddenly become weary and the dark bags under his eyes became more pronounced. Obviously the mermory still bothered him, so I dropped the subject.

"So what's cars?"

Harry Potter POV:

Teddy, who seemed to be very excited indeed, started explaining to a fascinated Draco how cars worked. If he wasn't a wizard, he would probably become a mechanic, I thought. He's only three and he already knows more than Malfoy and I know combined! I chuckled at the thought. 

Both Teddy and Malfoy stopped talking abruptly and turned to look at me. 

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I just had a funny thought, that's all."

They looked at me suspiciously, and suddenly, I ran towards Teddy, picked him up and ran up the stairs with him giggling giddily the whole way. 

Malfoy followed, not bothering to cover his rolling eyes. As he walked behind us, he looked around at all photos of his cousin when she was young, and spotted a picture of his mother and Andy in the centre. Noticing this, I put Teddy down, asked him to go find the cars and simply stood beside Malfoy, gazing at the picture. 

The picture was nearly half a century old, so quite dark, and Narcissa stood out because of her lucious (pun intended? I know that's not how you spell it but...) blonde hair. Andromeda had her arms wrapped tightly around her sister and her curly brown hair cascaded down her shoulders. I wonder why I've never noticed the picture before...

Eventually, Teddy broke the silence by calling excitedly for me to come and play, and I gave Malfoy a sympathetic look and a friendly pat on the shoulder before returning to Teddy. 

As soon as I entered the room, Teddy changed his hair and eye colour to match mine, and my spirits instantly lifted. He looked like me when I was young! I soon got so preoccupied playing racing cars with Teddy that I didn't realise it was Teddy's bed-time until Andy entered the room.

"Didn't you hear me? I've been calling for the last ten minutes! Teddy has to go to sleep now or he never will! And I mean never," she pursed her lips and turned her gaxe to Teddy purposefully.

Teddy and I looked at each other with guilty, yet nevertheless silly looks before we rushed to get Teddy into his pyjamas and to brush his teeth.

"I think we've set a new record Ted! Four minutes!" I cheered as I tucked him in. I called for Andy to say goodnight and read him a story. Soon, after Teddy's breathing slowed I relaxed, put the book down, and lay next to him. Has Malfoy gone? 

I shook away the thoughts as my eyes drooped closed. It's been a while since I got some decent sleep. I might as well take the chance when it's given to me. I'm sure Andy won't mind.

*Le time skip*

Draco Malfoy POV:

"Harry probably slept on the bed with Teddy. I don't blame him though, he's been exhausted lately. Would you like to apparate back by yourself or would you like to stay here?" my Aunt said hurriedly while bustling about in the kitchen. 

"Not to avoid the question," I began, "But what is that picture of you and my mother upstairs?"

"Ah," was her reply, "Now that is a story for another time. I'll prepare the guest room for you so that we can talk about it in the morning. I'm afraid I'm too tired for such a conversation right now."

"Alright," I replied, "But I could sleep on the couch. You don't need to prepare a room for me."

"Nonesense! You're my nephew! You're family! You are staying in the guest room whether you like or not." she replied in a mocking stern tone. "I also have something I would like to discuss in the morning with you, on the topic of Harry." she stated.

I paled, not wanting to have this conversation, but I knew it was inevitable. I would have to talk to her about it one day, and if she had inherited any of the Black family stubbornness, I couldn't get out of it, no matter what I tried. 

I nodded and followed her to the guest room, where I spent a restless night preparing for the conversation I was bound to have tomorrow with both Potter and my aunt.