Meanwhile, with the others...

Blaise Zabini POV:

The moment Draco and Potter disapparated, the four of us had large grins on our faces.

"Are you thinking what we're thinking?" Pansy asked, unable to hide her puckish grin. 

"That Harry is the most oblivious prat I have ever met? Yep."

Ron's- I mean- Weasley's choice of words left us all in fits! He obviously understood what we meant. Soon, Pansy and Granger started plotting, of course. They are so similar, that I sometimes wonder how on earth they were enemies until today!

"So we'll invite you to our house, Blaise and Ron will play chess and get out of the way, you and I will..."

I zoned her out, and apparently so did Weasley, because he whispered, "Bloody hell. You'd think they'd been planning this for years."

Chuckling, I replied, "I think they have, honestly. Has Potter come out yet?"

"Yep, sixth year, but I think we knew before he did."

"Really?" I laughed. 

"Yeah," he answered. 

After a while, the topic of chess was brought up. 

"Are you any good at chess?" I asked with a smirk.

"Excuse me?" he raised his hand to his forehead in mock hurt, "I beat McGonagall's bloody chess set in first year!"

"Ah, yes, I remember. Dumbledore would use any excuse to give Griffindor points."

Ron glared at me jokingly.

"Ehem."

We looked around to see both Pansy and Granger looking at us knowingly.

"If you two could stop flirting and listen to the plan, it would be much appreciated," Granger raised her eyebrows. Both Weasley and I blushed profusely and looked down, letting them speak. 

While they babbled about the plan, Weasley took a pen from his bag and wrote something on his napkin, passing it to me under the table. In it was scrawled:

Does Malfoy have feelings for Harry? Because I am 99.9% sure Harry likes him, and has since 3rd year. 

I quickly write:

Definitely. 100%. You have no idea how shocked he was when Potter sent him a message. He fell on the floor! 3rd year did you say?

Yep. Or 6th. I think he was a bit preoccupied in 4th and 5th years, what with Voldemort, the Triwizard Tournament etc, so I think he actually realised his feelings in 6th.

Are you sure he actually realised them?

Pretty sure.

What time is it?

6. We've been here for 4 1/2 hours!

Merlin. Ok, I have an idea. 

?

Pick up all your stuff, and when I tap my finger on the table 3 times, we both run out the door, ok?

Ok.

I see him nod when he's ready. One, two THREE!

We both sprint without looking back, not stopping until we are about 100 meters away from the leaky cauldron. We both stop abruptly, panting. He was the first to recover, and he asked,

"Where should we go?"

"Do you want to come to our apartment? We have a chess board," I suggested.