Chapter 6

I woke up today to 37 notifications mostly from this story. :o Thanks? (no like actually thanks). Thanks for the views and stuff, I ain't getting all sappy over this stuff. (cough I just won't show it) You guys told me you like long chapters so now I have to work extra hard :/ Enjoy!

Chapter 6

SKORPION headquarters

1700 hours

"Alright, so you guys aren't allowed to know the plan so you betray us" Said Ali, he smirked.

I was annoyed, half the reason I even allowed myself to be a double agent was to find out about SKORPION's plan. Now, they decided I can't be trustworthy enough.

"If you don't let us know the plan, how can we help you?" retorted Erica.

"Ah, Miss Hale, I will give you a specified task to do and you will do it. No questions asked, is that good? Yes? OK, perfect," said Ali, "For now, I will show you guys the sleeping quarters, follow me"

He led us down another tunnel, though this one was covered with wallpaper and carpet, a lot more cozy than the one we just came down through. There were several dorms, I'm guessing for other SKORPION agents. "These are your rooms," Said Ali. He pointed towards 3 rooms right next to each other. They read: 578, 579, and 580. I quickly committed them to memory, which I did easily due to my gift to math so that I wouldn't go into some poor random SKORPION agent's room. (Though I won't pity them since they are enemy agents.)

Me, Erica, and Zoe thanked Ali and went into our rooms. (Mine was 579 right beside Erica's)

I knocked on my wall the second I entered my room, waiting for Erica to knock back to know that she was OK. The knock never came though. Seconds later my door opened. I got scared half to death, it was Erica. "Why didn't you knock back?" I asked somewhat accusingly. "Because you're stupid," Responded Erica, "Why did you knock in the first place?" Then she leaned towards me, and my heart leapt. I thought she was going to kiss me. But then, she whispered in my ear "SKORPION probably has our room bugged." I felt stupid for not realizing that.

Nothing else important happened that evening unless you count Zoe coming into my room to check up on me to see that I was OK. The next thing I knew was lying on the couch with the TV open at 0700 hours.

I've fallen asleep while watching TV, I thought. I made myself wake up got a glass of lemonade from the kitchen at the end of the hall, and went to check up on Erica and Zoe. "Hey Zoe," I said.

"Hm?"

"Can we talk?" I asked, she looked at me. Then I thought to add "Oh, not about relationships, about the mission, what role do you think SKORPION will assign us?" I tried to ask her about SKORPION's mission, but since they had our rooms bugged (probably), so I said it in a "coded" way.

Zoe was much faster than Mike in understanding my hint. "Oh! I don't know, should we go ask? Maybe they'll tell us today." Which I took to mean we should go on a scouting mission to eavesdrop on SKORPION.

"We should probably bring Erica with us." I said.

"Good Idea."

We went to Erica's room but didn't knock. We just stared at each other. "Do you think she has her door booby-trapped?" I asked Zoe

She responded with "No, I don't think it will hurt to knock though."

I held my breath and knocked, I didn't get killed. So good so far, I thought.

Erica opened her door "What do you want?" "Let's go ask Ali what role we're gonna have for the mission" responded Zoe before I could even think of what to say. Erica understood the actual message immediately. However that might only be because she was eavesdropping on me and Zoe because she said: "So I've heard, let's go."

#longchapter

(666 words not including this.)