Chapter 17

OMG, I'm sorry for late update. Well, technically its not late, but I like to update at noon. Still, more late than usual so sorry! I'm having writer's block or something like that. It's the thing where you don't wanna continue your book. I honestly just don't know what to write. I still like to update, just not the writing the book to update part. So also short chapter :/

Chapter 17

Falling onto a nuclear weapon's base.

1000 hours

The first and worst thing about falling out of a private jet is that you're moving FORWARD extremely fast, unlike a helicopter. The second thing you gotta know is when you fall out of a jet, you're gonna be spinning. I felt like I was gonna vomit, the only reason the soldiers didn't see a pool of vomit forming mid-air is because I was too scared to vomit. Seconds later I pull on my parachute backpack, instead of feeling a great tug I felt nothing. I was still falling and the parachute didn't work...

Thankfully all parachutes had a backup, so I just pulled that. Erica also activated her parachute. The soldiers immediately noticed me and Erica, they screamed and were about to shoot us until they got taken out. By Erica, that was how cool she was. She shot at 11 soldiers while she was on a parachute, and she didn't miss. Mike, Zoe, and Catherine also activated their parachute. And to my surprise, so did Alexander even though he pulled on his cord way too early. I don't think Cyrus trusted him with a private jet even if he is qualified to drive it.

Everyone peacefully landed on the ground and I immediately threw up. Alexander looked disgusted although he looked a bit pale himself. Erica was extremely annoyed at me for holding us up, and Catherine, Mike, and Zoe looked concerned. I quickly stopped vomiting and said

"Don't let me hold us up, let's go."

When we went inside the facility we noticed something was extremely wrong, there were no guards. But that's only because all the guards were unconscious. Catherine checked their pulse

"They are still alive, but weak. I think SKORPION knocked them out and then they used chloroform."

"That's right" Said a voice behind me. I knew that voice too well.

My nemesis Murray Hills.

"Drop your weapons or I shoot Ben in the head" said Murray menacingly although he sounded a bit scared about shooting people. Then, I felt a gun barrel put against my skull.

"I thought you didn't like killing people, although I think you're still not gonna shoot me" I asked while everyone was quickly dropping their weapons.

"I don't like killing people, exception is you," he replied. "You ruined my relationships and my money making schemes. And you're not ruining this one. Let me guess, you've probably figured out our plot again? Even if you know, it won't stop the scheme" He laughed.

"How do you know I did figure out your plans?" I asked

"You always do" he replied

"Well, you're right. I have figured them out, you're planning to steal nuclear bombs, start a nuclear war with who knows where. Then, sell the stolen nuclear missiles back to the U.S."

"Yes, and since I have the time. I would like to know how you've done it." He said

"Can I ask something first? Did you think I was a mole or did you not suspect me?"

"I didn't, you've betrayed my trust. AGAIN! I'm never going to trust you again." He said, still aiming his gun at my head

I made a mental note not to try and become a mole when Murray's around.

"Sorry, but you were planning to start a nuclear war." I said

"Sure, so?"

Murray is so evil, I thought.

"Anyways, I figured it out by first infiltrating Ali's office. We saw the file where everything was blanked out. The file on Operation:UN, and with everything I knew when we overheard on your meetings. I put everything together" I finished. Then, at this very point Erica attacked.