Chapter 16

Chapter 16

In a private jet in the middle of the ocean.

0800 hours

After that talk with Mike, I didn't go back to the living room. Instead, I went right onto my bed and slept. I've been thinking about the situation all night. I didn't know what I was going to do, Mike and Zoe were certainly going to end up together sooner or later. I just didn't know how to get Erica to think that relationships are fine. Then, at 3am I thought of an idea, I needed to prove it to her.

When I woke up in the morning, I went to Erica's room. But before I could knock the door opened and she pulled me inside, it looks like she has cameras in front of her room wherever she is.

"What do you want?" She said.

"I-"

"Let me guess, you want to convince me that relationships are fine for spies. "

"Well, yes"

She let a little bit of emotion into her voice and said "The thing is, spying is not as easy as you think, it involves a lot more. This business is complicated, and that leads to us being complicated. Even if I wanted to date you" My heart leapt at these words. "-I still couldn't. I'm sorry ben, but I value my spy carrier more than you." she looked sad while saying this. Before I could respond though, the intercom went on.

"Alright children, we are nearing our desired location, please be prepared to skydive out of the plane" Rang out Catherine's melodious voice throughout the plane.

"We have to go" Said Erica, resuming her usual cold.

"Oh, right" I said sadly

We then exited Erica's room and found Zoe passing through, her eyes narrowed in jealousy. But she didn't have any time to scream at me for it. Mike emerged from the bathroom and we all quickly put on our parachutes, with the exception of me getting a little help from Erica. (Zoe wasn't happy)

"Alright kids!" Said Alexander in his I-am-the-best-spy-on-the-planet voice, we all looked slightly offended as being addressed as "kids". "We are going to- shoot, what were we suppose to do again?" He said losing his cool.

Catherine came in and continued "We are going to be parachuting into the facility while I will distract the guards by opening my parachute early"

That probably meant that we were going to open our parachute quite late, that means more possible to splatter on the ground into pancakes.

"Hey." Said Erica from behind me, "Nervous? Again?"

"Yeah"

"I'll tell you when to pull your parachute" she replied then walked off to discuss tactics with her mother.

It wasn't much but at least she put the conversation we had behind us.

5 minutes later we had all been went through the plan by Catherine

"All you guys need to do is break into the main room of the nuclear site and Erica will use the computer to block any attacks."

I was snapped out of my thought by Cyrus

"Alright guys, don't mess up. Or I'll throttle you lot."

Wasn't the most reassuring thing before a mission I've ever heard, but I would now be working extra hard knowing that I would die if I fail anyways. Hopefully. 

Catherine stared at Cyrus for 2 more seconds then said "It's time for the drop children!"

Erica threw off the door of the plane and that's when I realized we were moving above the nuclear base extremely fast, and it would be a lot more hard than jumping out of a helicopter. Erica just jumped right away, I however, hesitated.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes, I'm sure Benjamin. It won't be that bad" Replied Catherine and threw me out of the plane. 

As I was falling I was Mike, Zoe and Catherine all jumped out of the plane. Then, I turned myself to face the actual jump. Catherine was right, it wasn't scary. It was about 100 times worse.