THE GIFT

Introvert and Analyst visited an ice cream parlour. They got on the chair with a chocolate cup ice cream.

Analyst asked " How was your presentation? "

" Near to okay. Not that good. Not that bad. "

A news headline flashed on the parlour's TV about death of Manan Dixit, the Chairman of Liberal Bank.

Analyst asked " Did the director tell you about this? "

He continued " The secretary of Mr. Dixit has been missing since last night after the incident. "

Introvert handed over him Mr. Bomber's phone to the Analyst.

Introvert said " The phone belongs to Mr. Bomber. I went through his call logs. He had been contacted by a same number eighteen times which belonged to his secretary, Abheek Mehra."

" You went to Mr. Bomber? "

" Yes. He was right there where I got his location. Bad news. He is shot by someone. "

" By whom? "

" I couldn't get him. But it was Abheek to whom Mr. Bomber had sold the bomb which was used to blow Mr. Dixit's car. "

Introvert received a call from his mother. He attended the call.

She said " Son, I had got a call from dad. He will be late today. So you've to pick up your sister from her drawing classes. "

" Okay mom. "

He asked analyst " If you won't mind, can you drive me to my sister's classes. "

Introvert and the analyst waited for his sister near her drawing classes in analyst's car. Introvert looked at his wrist watch.

Analyst asked " How old she is? "

" Thirteen "

He added " She has recently joined the drawing classes because of her vacations. "

" So are you also planning for your vacations? "

" Not yet. My mom and dad are planning to visit a fort. Again. "

" So you are not willing to go with your family? "

" I am pissed of visiting forts. "

Introvert received a call from PINKLIPS. He attended the call.

PINKLIPS asked him " Where are you? "

" I am here with him. We are here to pickup my sister. I'll meet you in half an hour. "

" Do you have whereabouts of Mr. Dixit's secretary? "

" No I haven't got any way to track him. I have heard about his girlfriend. "

" I am going to pay a visit to Mrs. Dixit. "

Introvert's sister came out of her drawing class to the car.

She asked " Who's car is this? "

" It belongs to my friend. "

Analyst waved his hand and smiled to see his sister.

Analyst said to him " She's going to be an artist one day. "

She got inside the car at back seat. Analyst and Introvert fastened their seat belts. Analyst ignited his car.

Introvert said " Drop her at then we'll go to meet PINKLIPS. "

PINKLIPS arrived with her car at Mr. Dixit's house which was a double storey building with a main gate and a lawn outside.

She got out of her car and made her way to the house. She was stopped by the security guard on the gate.

" Let her in. " A female voice came from inside.

The security guard allowed her to go inside. PINKLIPS entered the premises where Mrs. Dixit was watering her plants.

" Thank you Mrs. Dixit for your time. My condolences are with you for your loss. "

Mrs Dixit replied " These plants were grown by him. He used to spend most of his evening time on them. "

She asked her to come inside with her. They went to the living room where a piano was kept at the corner of the wall. There was photograph of Mr. Dixit and his teen son on the piano table.

PINKLIPS said " He would have had a good bonding with his son."

" He used to play the piano in the memory of his son. "

" I am sorry I didn't know about your son. "

" He was our only one. "

Mrs. Dixit began to have tears in her eyes. PINKLIPS held her hand and made her sit on the dining chair. She poured a glass of water from a jug and gave it to her.

" Please. " She insisted Mrs. Dixit.

Mrs. Dixit had some water from the glass.

Mrs. Dixit said " You can ask me anything please? "

PINKLIPS scoffed and said " Actually I am  here to ask you about his secretary, Abheek Mehra. "

" Well I don't know him personally. He used to remain involved with Mr. Dixit in his official stuff. "

She added " I rarely had a talk with him. I am sorry I can't tell you about his personal things. "

PINKLIPS was about to leave the room but she got her eyes on a code mug which was kept inside a showcase. The mug was labelled as ' HAPPY ANNIVERSARY' in a red font.

" Happy belated Anniversary Mrs Dixit. It looks you've recently celebrated your anniversary. " PINKLIPS said her.

Mrs Dixit replied " It was gifted by Abheek's fiancee last month. They had also invited us for dinner. "

" Abheek's fiancee? " " Where they had invited you? "

Introvert and the analyst dropped his sister to home. She stepped out of car.

" Aren't you coming home? " She asked him.

" No I have a long online session. We are going to attend it together. "

She went inside the home. The mother asked her " Where is your brother? "

" He said he is going to have a long session. "

Introvert and analyst drove to the car away. Introvert received a call from PINKLIPS.

She asked " Did you have the dinner today? "

" Not yet. "

Mrs Dixit saw TV news about the appointment of DHEERAJ KUMAR as new chairman of Liberal Bank who used to be the vice chairman of the bank.

She turned of the TV and walked out of the room. She went to her living room where she got her eyes on the photograph which was kept on the piano table. She picked it up and stroked it with her hand.

She kept the photo back on the table. In the process she accidentally broke the stand of the photo. To fix the stand she turned around the photo. She noticed a combination of piano notes written on the back of the photo.

She played the piano with the same note and noticed a slim drawer slided out of the piano table automatically. She hadn't seen the secret drawer ever that made her baffled to see that.

There was large sized envelope in the drawer. The envelope was labelled as " CONFIDENTIAL ".