THE CONTRABAND

SIX MONTHS AGO:

It was a late summer night. A black car arrived at a sea shore where a few motorboats were parked. Mr. Manan Dixit walked out of the car. He was accompanied by a young man who took him on a motorboat to a yacht which was in the middle of the sea.

They went on the yacht and were examined by some guards before entering the main salon. The political activist Jayant Saxena poured some drink in two glasses. He served one to Mr. Dixit who was in front of him.

" Mr. Dixit I would first like to see the blueprint of the mine. "

" Sure. "

Mr. Dixit opened a folder and took out some papers which had a blueprint of a coal mine. Mr. Saxena began to examine the map.

Mr. Dixit said " The mine is within the radius of ten miles from the highway. It will take less than half an hour to bring them to the sea shore. No chance of tracking. "

" What about patrol officers? "

" You've been in this business for a decade. No one knows about you. This could be another proposal from an friend. "

" Well it's actually a good proposal but it looks somewhat costlier. "

Mr. Dixit chuckles.

He replied " I am giving you an entire coal mine to sell wherever you want. I could have asked the government for so. "

" Then what you'll show in your records to the government. "

" I have talked to the manager. He'll reserve ten percent of the total to show them as the physical stock to the auditor. "

Mr. Dixit handed over him three black and white photographs of the open pit coal mine.

He said " These photographs has been taken by drones. "

He added " The mine is under construction right now. "

Mr. Saxena nodded his head.

" Sure we'll meet again after a month. "

Mr. Dixit stood up and handshaked with him.

Mr. Dixit arrived at his house in the car. He unhooked his seat belt. He was to get out of the car but his phone rang. He attended the call.

" Hello. "

" How was the deal gentleman? "

" Who's this talking? "

" Don't try to be innocent Mr. Chairman. I know everything and have evidence against you that would be enough to get you a life sentence. "

" Okay. So just tell me what do you want right now? "

" Nothing. Just a share when after you'll get your part. "

" How much? "

" Fifty percent of yours. And must be in cash. "

" Cash? Leave it. "

" Fifty percent cash or a lifetime imprisonment. What would you prefer Mr. Chairman? "

PRESENT DAY :

" So what happened exactly? "

PINKLIPS asked to Naina who was sitting right in front of her by the dining table in Naina's flat.

She replied " I just went to see him when I got the call. I rushed him immediately and he said he has something wrong. He was feeling guilty for that. "

" What was he doing on terrace? "

" He said he was about to jump. I thought he was out of his mind. I took him to my bedroom and served him some tea. "