A PAIN TO REMEMBER

THREE YEARS AGO:

During the early evening two masked men lifted a bagpack from a public site and left on their dirt bike.

Administration Officer Rahul Mehta arrived at his house in his car. He walked out of his car to the house door. He got his key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. He went inside and found his wife SHIVANGI in the kitchen.

" You got late today. " She asked.

Rahul hang up his side bag on a hook attached to the living room door.

" Well I had a long day today. The files, meetings, orders, everything. "

He added " I have planned something for us and so for our new born. "

He went to the baby cot which was kept in the bedroom in which his 8 month old baby boy was slept.

SHIVANGI walked into the room and looked at Rahul's who looked a bit stressed.

" Thinking about something? You looked stressed. "

He turned to her but didn't make an eye contact.

" I think I should apply for an insurance policy. "

" Why? What's wrong between us? "

" Not for us. For him (referring to the boy). "

He looked into her eyes.

He continued " The work I do for you, for him, for me. The work can make me earn wrath of some corrupt people who may be outsiders or insiders. "

She caressed his face with her left hand.

" Don't ever say this again. Please. Nothing will happen to our family. "

She got a bit tears in her eyes and hugged him in a no moment.

The two masked dirt bikers arrived near Rahul's house. They took out a Molotov cocktail bottle from each bag and lit them with a lighter together. They threw the bottle into Rahul's house one by one. The bottles lead to a huge explosion and put his house into the flames.

In the hospital, a doctor walked through the crowded corridor to a policeman. They went to his cabin.

The doctor handed over him files which had the list of victims of the arson attack.
The policeman opened the files and found the reports of Rahul, Shivangi and the baby boy.

The policeman asked " What happened to this baby? "

" We could only save his mother. Only she is alive right now. "

" Did you tell her about them? "

" No. Not yet. We've to wait until she gets recovered from the injuries. "

The policeman closed the files.

" Thank you doctor. "

He left the cabin.

PRESENT DAY:

The analyst drove the car to an abandoned underground parking area where PINKLIPS was connecting the wire for the projector. They came to her.

Introvert asked her " How is it going on? "
" Good. Just you've to keep your focus on your studies too. "

" No problem. I am going to graduate this year. "

" Really? You've got some low grades in two of your subjects in the internal assessment. "

PINKLIPS turned on the projector. The screen displayed a CCTV footage of the ' Red Rock ' restaurant in which Abheek had a personal meeting with PA Anil Tripathi and Advocate Ahuja.

She said " This is the last time when Abheek was seen by Naina. "

" Abheek Mehra. This name was in call logs of Mr. Bomber. " Introvert said.

Analyst said " That might be possible that they had hired him to kill the Chairman. "

" Probably but you must go through another thing. " Pinklips said.

Pinklips swapped the screen in which it was Advocate Ahuja before the camera who had recorded a message of his own.
His eyes and his scared face were right in front of the camera.

He started to spell some lines : " If you are watching this clip that means you are about to get the culprit who is behind all this. And I am too involved in this crime. I am an advocate and I have been serving as a corporate lawyer for a construction company. I can't reveal the name of the corporation but they have been involved in some serious crimes for past few years. I have done something really wrong after which I won't be able to make an eye contact with my wife and daughter. They are not at home but I love them. I love my family. I pray for them to always remain prosperous. "

Advocate Ahuja got a handgun near to his head and shot himself.

" It was his maid who first saw him dead. " Pinklips told them.

Analyst: Advocate Ahuja had served as the corporate attorney for Raj Builders. That's one of the biggest building company in the city.

Naina was on her way to home. She entered an apartment and went upstairs to her flat. She opened the door and entered her flat. She kept her handbag and keys on table and went to washbasin to shower her face. She wiped her face with a towel and untied her long and silky hair.

Her phone rang which was kept on the table. She had got a call from an unknown number. She picked up the call.

" Hello. "

" It's me Naina. " Abheek replied in a quivering voice.

" What happened? "

Naina went out of her flat and went upstairs to the terrace of the building. She walked ahead and found Abheek behind a cement water tank. He looked scared and baffled.

He looked at her and hugged her with tears in his eyes.

She asked " Where were you for about a week? "

" I am sorry Naina. It was all my fault. "

" No. I tried to contact you a lot. "

" I've done the biggest mistake of my life. Please save me. They are not good people. "

Naina left him and looked at his eyes.

" Abheek. You don't have to worry about what happened. Everything will be all right. Do you understand? "