The Truth

Alex's POV

Our date had gone great. We saw a movie that had come out recently, called Pitch Perfect 2. I was walking her home when a big wolf came out of the woods. He snarled at us, but Chloe did not look scared.

"Go away Jacob." She said coolly, pulling something out of her bag. The wolf just snarled again. It lunged at us, but Chloe just sprayed something in it's eyes. The wolf instantly turned into a teenage boy. 

"Why would you do that, Chloe?" he said.

"The more important question is why did you try to attack us?"

"Your dad said that if I killed you or made you go missing, I could marry Renesmee."

"Do you really think that Renesmee would marry you? If you did what he said, she would spend her whole life looking for me, and when she found out what happened, there is no way she is marring you." She said this like she was disgusted by the idea of him marring her sister. The wolf/boy ran off quickly, not wanting to get sprayed in the face again.

"What was that."

"I could lie, or I could tell you the truth. The truth means that you can not tell anyone though."

I thought about this for a second. The truth seemed like it would be hard to understand, but I am curious.

"I want the truth."

"Ok, this will seem really weird, but remember the stories about vampires and werewolves?"

"Yes"

"They are all real. Well, more like vampires and werewolves are real, but the mythology is different. My whole family are vampires, except for my sister and me, we are hybrids. My mother had us when she was still human."

"So, are you going to kill me and drink my blood?" I said, jokingly.

"No, I hate the taste of blood. I am around 90% human, while Re-re is 65% human. My family only drinks animal blood anyways."

"So, were you adopted, or..."

"My birth parents are Bella and Edward, but they hate me, so Rosalie and Emmett are my parents now."

"How old are you?"

"I look around 15, but I am 1.5."

"What was the thing that attacked us?"

"That was Jacob, a werewolf. They can change into wolves when they want to, and he says that he imprinted on Re-re. I think that he just wants to stay in the family because he can not be with Bella. They used to date before Edward came along, and it is really weird. She does not like him at all, mainly because he was trying to marry her when she was a new born baby."

"That is messed up."

"I know that this is really weird, and you probably never want to see me again, but I really like you."

"I really like you too." I said.

"I will look 17 forever."

"I can always become a vampire." 

"Maybe." Just then her phone dings. "I just got an email from the Volturi, the leaders of the vampires. It says that they are having a ball, and we are all invited. It is in Italy, in a month, and I can bring you and Betty."

"They know us?"

"They have eyes and ears everywhere.  Do not worry, they will not eat you, and it will be fun. Do you want to come?"

"Of course."

Knowing all of that, pieces on the puzzle started to click. I know that she is a vampire, and that we have only know each other for a few days, but she is awesome, and I am willing to change to be with her. But until then, we have a ball to get ready for.