Chapter Ten: Library Moment

Malia's Pov

I made my way inside the building. 

Zed was outside handing out flyers to people so they could vote for him to be president.

I got bored so I left and made my way back inside to get my things. 

When I got inside I saw a few people looking scared.

I looked at them in confusion, what the hell happened that's got them so scared.

I shrugged it off and made my way to my locker. 

When I got there there were claw marks on my locker. I just smiled and shook my head. 

"Why is everyone afraid of the wolves, they aren't doing anything wrong?" I asked to nobody in particular.

I sighed and open my lockers to get my bag. 

"Honestly I would love to hang out with them, they're pretty cool" I muttered under my breath.

Just then I heard someone clear their throat behind me. 

I turned around and was met by the wolves.

'Well that's just great' I thought nervously.

Surprisingly, the alpha smiled at me and waved. 

"Hey, you're Malia right?" Willa asked.

"Yeah, that's me" I said, "we couldn't help but over hear what you were saying about us" Wynter said.

"Oh...you did" I said nervously, I really hope I don't get on their bad side. 

I really want to hang out with them and get to know them better.

"Yes, and we're honestly surprised" Willa said, "why?" I asked.

"We've never met anyone that wants to hang out with werewolves, usually people are afraid of us" Wyatt said sadly.

I frowned at him. 

"I don't see why they're scared of you, you guys aren't hurting anyone and you're just trying to find this moonstone Willa mentioned before. I see no reason to be scared of you" I said.

The wolves looked at me in shock. "So, you're not scared of us?" Willa asked.

I smiled at her and nodded, "nope, you guys are pretty cool, I would totally hang out with you guys one day to get to know you better" I said happily.

Wynter squealed and ran up to me and hugged me really tight. I was surprised but giggled and hugged her back.

"Thank you, thank you, you're so nice. Does this mean we're best friends?" Wynter said.

"You're welcome and of course we're best friends" I smiled as we pulled away from the hug.

"Sorry, I need to go to the library, but I'll see you guys later" I said. 

I waved and smiled at them before closing my locker and walked away.

Yes, yes, yes, I just made some new friends.

I made my way inside the library and saw Bree sitting at an empty table. 

I smiled and sat down next to her.

"Hey Bree" I said, "oh hey Malia" Bree said.

"What are you doing?" I asked, "finishing up some homework" Bree said. 

I nodded and took out my sketchbook and pencil. 

I continued my drawing from a few days ago that I never got to finish.

I was so caught up in my drawing that I didn't even realize that the wolves were here and had surrounded me and Bree.

I finally noticed them when Wynter crouched next to Bree.

I smiled and waved at her, she smiled back and waved, before turning her attention to Bree.

I was confused as to what she was doing. 

She then snatched Bree's homework and ate it.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Hey, that dog just ate my homework" Bree complained. 

"Hey, she has a name, don't just call her a dog Bree" I scolded her.

Wynter looked at me and smiled, I smiled back and nodded.

Addison came over to us and sat next to me.

I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around and saw Wyatt standing behind me.

He looked down at me and smiled.

I blushed a little before smiling back at him.

Willa came over and slammed a pack of books on the table.

"Lies, these history books claim werewolves attacked Seabrook settlers, but they struck first and stole our moonstone" Willa explained, clearly angry.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that" Addison frowned.

"I'm not surprised, this town might be nice and all but they lie just to make themselves look better" I shrugged.

Willa looked at me in shock, not expecting me to say that, as well as the other wolves.

I smiled at her before grabbing my bag, looking for something that I had with me.

"What are you doing?" Bree asked. 

I ignored her and took out a brown journal.

I smiled and handed it to Willa who looked at me confused.

"That journal was in the attic of Dale and Missy, Addison's parents, and it has alot of information about werewolves. There might be something in there that could help you and your friends find what you're looking for" I explained

Willa looked at me in shock, as did the other werewolves.

Then a small smile grew on her face as she took the journal from me.

"Thank you, Malia" Willa said.

I smiled and nodded.

Willa then turned back to Addison and glared at her along with Bree.

"You're bestie is smart, but there's a lot you don't know" Willa told her, grabbing the history books and walked away.

"I know the alarm's going to go off if you don't check out those books!" Addison yelled.

Willa took of her necklace and threw it at the alarm and she passed through it easily.

She grabbed her necklace and left the library.

"That was awesome" I grinned.

Wyatt bent down to my level and smiled, "our necklaces have a way with electricity" Wyatt whispered.

My cheeks turned red and I shivered at his voice. 

He smiled before walking away, the other wolves following behind him.

I smiled and removed some hair that was in my face.

I turned around and saw Bree and Addison smirking at me.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at them.

"You totally like him" Addison said, the smirk not leaving her face.

I blushed, something I really tried not to do, and did my best to look away.

"Awwww, she's blushing, so cute~" Bree teased.

I stood up and grabbed my bag and stuffed my sketchbook inside, "see you tomorrow at cheer practice".

I could hear them laughing behind me and I sighed while rolling my eyes.

There's no way, there's no way I actually like Wyatt.

Right...?