Chapter Sixteen: Somebody You Loved

Back In Auradon
Ben's Pov

I sighed in frustration. We weren't able to find anything about where Malia could've gone.

It's been a year and yet we've got nothing.

We've searched almost everywhere and she's no where to be seen.

It's like she disappeared.

Her parents have been trying but they haven't found anything either. 

Audrey has tried searching her room to look for any clues, but nothing.

Honestly they hate my guts, especially Chad and Jane.

I'm still friends with the core, even though I'm still angry at Mal for what she did.

Jane talks to the core and gets along with them, but she doesn't say a word to me or Mal.

"Ben, honey you need rest."

I looked up and saw my mom holding a glass of water in her hands.

"I can't rest mom, I need to find Malia and my child" I explained.

"You've been doing this for a year and yet we've found nothing" Mom said as she placed the glass on my desk.

"I just need to find her and bring her home and beg her for forgiveness" I said.

"Honey when's the last time you've slept?" Mom asked.

"I don't know, a week ago, or a month" I shrugeed.

"Ben this isn't healthy, you need sleep" Mom said and I scoffed.

"I can't rest mom. The girl I love left me and she was pregnant. I got her pregnant with our child and I broke her heart" I said angrily.

"I promised her the world, when we got together I promised to always be there for her, to never leave her side, to always love her, that I would make her my queen. I broke all of those promises and her heart when Mal put that love spell on me and she left, Malia left without a trace and I'm not even sure if she's coming back" I yelled.

I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my cheeks. 

I soon fell to my knees and cried.

I cried because Malia might never forgive me nor take me back after what I did.

Mom crouched next to me and hugged me. 

"I promise you honey, we're all trying our best to find her, we won't stop until we know she's safe" Mom reassured me.

I nodded and hugged her back.

"Please...just for today, get some rest, you really need it" Mom said.

I knew there was no arguing with her about it so I nodded. 

She smiled and kissed my cheek before leaving. I stayed on the ground for a few minutes before getting up.

I quickly got changed and sat on my bed. 

I noticed a picture of me and Malia when we were at the beach a year ago, before I made my proclamation.