1|The Lives Of The Pines

Ford's P.o.v

'So close...Just a little more..' I thought, grabbing these small tweezers, and grabbing a small microchip from the side table. I kick on the floor and roll the chair back to the the two metal cuffs. 'Almost....Absolutely still..' I squint my eyes, and slowly make the microchop enter the cuff. So close and merely perfect.

Well, not exactly.

"FORD, how do you politely tell someone that you want to hit them with a brick?!" Stanley yelled from upstairs.
I flinched, as the microchip fell to the dark floor, making a loud static. Small electricity went out, causing the circuit to shorten out.

And that was my last one.

The lightbulb went out and the lab was dim. I sigh heavily and shake my head in annoyance.

"Stanley! You aren't throwing a brick at anyone!"

"Poindexter, Answer the question or I'll throw a brick at you!"

"I've got a gun, Stan. How will a brick help you in this situation?!"

"......"

I grinned in victory. Then, set back to my work. Concentrating, I grab the microchip with my hand and study it. It's no use to use this again, but how will I get another?

'Think Ford think! The only way is to find some sort of high tech device which does many things at once-' I sigh heavily and kneel down, picking up the smaller pieces on the light bulb.

What used to be a light bulb.

"Good thing I got a backup-" I murmured quietly.

Dipper's P.o.v

Me and Mabel go the whole month to get used to the Mysterious entities we missed for a whole year! When we got home that year, Mom and dad didn't believe is when we told them the things we saw. The entities, the weirdmageddon, and conflict with gnomes. Just "imagination," they said thoroughly, very thoroughly.

Nothing more, nothing less. So, me and Mabel didn't really speak of it that often. Especially this "almost dying,"subject that summer.

I once again grab my spoon and get another scoop full of cereal, eating it slowly.

Honestly, I didn't really have anything to do, except check out the library.

Alone like usual. Mabel would just go out with her friends or check out some townsfolk stores around. Sometimes, we would stay at the Mystery Shack, chilling and playing indoor golf our style. Not a typical Gravity Falls, but it's actually been a boring beginning of summer.

Although, Me and Mabel know something will be up. Bad. At least, I know it.

Though, Mabel actually grew up a little bit, but honestly not much. She still wore sweaters, but no more braces. Finishing that thought, Mabel jumps down the stairs, holding her pink cased phone in her right hand. She then runs at full-speed to me, causing a jolt to the table.

"DIPDOT! We should go Mystery hunting! I mean pffff we are the Mystery Twinsss! Like old times?" She exclaimed, spinning and doing jazz hands.