8|The Flame

Mabel's P.o.v

Bill stubbornly sat on the rustic brown couch downstairs, just giving me a look while looking at the Mabel Juice in disgust. I carefully replace the stuff in the kitchen, then walk over slowly. I sit by him just a bit. We both look away. He rubbed his injured hand, then sighs in defeat.
"Ugh! This is too awkward for my taste. Can't you mortals have something else to do?!" He complained, irritated. I laugh, then he stared at me with this plain looked face. I stopped slowly, as he smirked like I did something.
"Why is your face like that?" I asked, just a little weirded out.
"No reason~" He stated casually, shrugging and walked over to the living room. I sigh and smile lightly, getting up and walking in the direction he went. I stop in my tracks. He pulled back his sleeves and snapped quickly. I blush deeply. He engulfed a mini cyan bright blue flame in his hands, cupping it slowly. His eyes narrowed as he concentrated even more. I gasp and slowly walk over, sitting on the couch with him, scooting closer every few seconds until I was just a few inches away from him and the magic flame. I wanted to touch it so much. Bill grunts and I gape a bit as it disappeared. He pulled his hair back in frustration and looked at me with this mad look.
"What was that?" I ask, ignoring the expression nervously. He chuckled.
"Something your human mind can't comprehend. You're very, very distracting by the way." He murmured tiredly. He noticed I had these big bulging eyes staring. I look away and smile big anyways. I scoot even closer.
"Do it again. Please?" I ask calmly, observing his hands for something to happen. Have to admit, I maybe sort of wined with a pleasing look on my face. He raised his eyebrow with a grin on his face. Bill looked back to his hands and concentrated hard like last time. I go wide eyed in awe.
It started like a tiny bit of electricity, trying to work as it should. My heart jumped as it expanded to a medium amount, the size of his palm. It was like when you set a campfire up and it just made this crackling noise as people you care about stare around the fire. It was just me and Bill awed in magic. He laughed happily. I did the same.
"That's amazing!" I exclaimed. He chuckled lightly, and blows at the blue fire. It disappeared from the bottom to the top. I was completely mesmerized. He raised his eyebrow and laughed.
"Meatsacks get so impressed way too easily." He starts, then yawns eruptly. He gaped and shook confused. I could see the worry in his eyes, but it was covered by his very sleepy eye.
"Why...*yawn* is everything so...droopy?..*yawn*" He mumbled softly. I look at him, then look down slightly.
"Humans get tired, you know? Just lay down." I instructed to Bill. He snorts and rubs his eyes, trying to stay awake with little result.
"NO. I must keep my guard up! You're crazy!" He sneered darkly. I sigh heavily. He sat up with his head hanging low. I giggle, and push his head back to the couch. He grumbles and tries to escape, but he seemed weaker. Sleep must have really deprived him. I carefully "shh" him slowly and softly. I couldn't help but comb through his yellow fluffy hair.
"Why are you being like this? I'm your enemy, and a villian. You're clueless to state otherwise-" Bill closed his eyes, then blinked them back up again. I yawn as well, resting my head on his shoulder. He tenses his shoulder, but doesn't move any more.
"Because...everyone deserves a chance. *yawn* Besides, your aren't so bad...after all..." I reason quietly, before closing my eyes. Guess I'm sleepy too. It's been a while, plus it's nice sleeping here. I almost heard him gasp, but it returned to a silence. We sat quietly for a while until he broke the silence.
"What? No, you don't mean that. Of course, that's just you useless pity you've putting on me. I don't want to hear a bit of pity from the likes of you." Bill grumbled, turning his head away from me. I still placed my head on his shoulder lightly.
"You..aren't so bad after all..." I repeat quietly, almost to myself.
I could feel my hand on his chest, as his breathing goes in and out. His heart thumped in rhythm. He had a heart. I didn't know if he always did, but it was such a strange feeling. A demon with a real heart. It was a first.
I felt Bill's heart quicken. A smile plastered on my face. His body moved slightly. His head fell on top of mine, his hands crossed around him. I knew he was thinking about it. Bill slowly combed through my brunette hair, then pulling his arm away. I yawned one more time before falling into a deep dream. I felt so alive, yet so safe.
Unknowingly, Bill smiled at the sleeping Shooting Star brunette.