Chapter Twenty-One: Gilded Cage

(Your name's) P. O. V

"Sunshine."

"Sunshine."

My eyes would wearily look to my side.

When did I stand up?

I watched as a lone tall man would lean down, the sight of his face evading my blurred eyes as his right hand came up to caress my left cheek. I heard no breathing next to my right ear, but I knew he was leaning there having stood before me. He was tall and daunting. His frame was tall and his body dark with his clothes and hair to match.

I felt his long sharp nails glide over my flesh, his other hand moving to my shoulder to hold me in place as he would repeat his words again close to my ear in some mantra.

"Sunshine. I'm getting close. Ever so close to finding you."

He grinned, and somehow, I could see that he had sharp teeth without ever roaming my eyes to him. I couldn't move one inch, but I could still see his movements as if my eyes were around us.

His lips were cold, I could tell by the lack of color and his teeth, they were white and sharp as ever.

A vampire's fangs protruded out for the world to see as I felt a strike of fear rise up my body at once, knowing his presence was something far beyond handled.

What was he going to do?

I couldn't move, not one muscle was able to lift nor one neuron was able to shoot from the spurs of my mind to command my body as I would hear him speak again. His voice was deep, and it sent chills throughout my body just to know this person was this close to me. I felt my heart rate pick up, the beating hard against my chest as an unknown fear crept up to encase my very body to keep me standing idly still as he towered over me. I felt the curled strands of his brown hair brush against my right cheek as I would then hear his words slowly enter my mind once more.

"It will not be long now before my teeth will finally sink in to this soft skin of yours, and I finally...get to suck you dry."

All at once I would feel a blood curdling pierce to my neck.

The pain realistically shocking me would cause me to shoot my eyes open at the instilled force my body would make just to wake up.

Abruptly, I would have awoken to the sound of knocking now to resonate and hit my ears. Visions of my dream just moments ago fading from my very eyes as I felt my body soon calm in the understanding that it was all a nightmare and nothing more. My heart slowed to the intensity as I would throw off the covers from around my body.

I blinked my eyes then to adjust to the light at once. Inhaling slowly, I would then come to smell the strong scent that was of Kaname's bed only to sit up and find him not here. I do not recall him ever coming back into his own room now that I realize. Maybe I was just in too deep in my sleep to notice.

And maybe this is exactly how things will play out while I am here, unchanged and undeterred.

Does that sadden me though?

The soft knocking resumed in three more slow intervals to press against the door as I quickly then moved to stand from the bed, making my way to it with a slight stumble off my feet from just waking up.

I know whoever is on the other side of it is going to look confused when they find me answering. I'm pretty sure most of the Night Class whom saw me appear here thought I would be getting my own room.

I mean, I thought so too.

Pressing my hand to the handle, I pressed my finger to the metallic cold trigger to click it down and pull open the door with a tug. I was soon met with the sea green eyes of my friend Takuma, the blond flashing a polite warm smile at the sight of me as I looked up to him with his much taller slim frame.