Chapter Twenty-Three: Presumptuous Devil

(Your name's) P. O. V

"Ah, here again sunshine? I was wondering where you had gone."

A voice plagued me, resonating around my body to bounce and reverberate in the expanse I found myself in as I was then quick to recognize that voice. My body felt heavy as goosebumps then arose to cover my skin in the sheer feel of something sinister around myself.

"Who...who are you?" I shifted my heavy eyes, trying to see in this slowed time I couldn't pin or even confidently move in.

"I'm the rightful king, don't you know?"

I couldn't move if I wanted.

Am I dreaming?

Is this a nightmare I'm having?

What king is he talking about?

"Where am I?" I furrowed my brows, turning my head aside as best I could before suddenly feeling a hand grasp around my throat. My eyes shot forward to the chilling action, my lips lightly parted as I stared to the distorted man before me.

My breath hitched, feeling his nails dig into my skin as I then heard his voice resonate so close to my ears.

"That's...what I'm trying to figure out, currently. Where exactly are you sunshine? It's about time we meet."

I felt my eyes begin to water, my heart rate picking up to thud against my chest as I now looked forward, spotting dark brown and red to swirl, a recognized color for a moment before seeing him tower forth, fangs protruding.

All at once did I feel a shooting pain of his bite clamp down to my shoulder in a surge of agony.

"Ah-!"

Fear setting in to my inability to gasp a breath of air let alone cry out as I heard his chuckle then drift to my fading senses, my eyes stung as I felt my skin tear with my blood to spill from my shoulder.

He's...he's killing me!

"You're mine."

I gasped, sitting up from that where I laid as that pain from my neck in my dream all but disappeared in mere seconds.

My eyes were open, heavy and aching to the bright lights entering them. I sat up, my hands to the cushion of a couch as I quickly realized I was in my dress still from the ball, my body hurting just slightly from my nightmare as I then focused to see Kaname move from his sitting position to sit up more so to look to me. He was next to where my feet lay, his leg crossed loosely as his head would turn to me, seeing me awake.

"(Your name), are you okay? You're sweating."

I raised my hand to my forehead, feeling the light drops of perspiration cloud my skin as I slowly then wiped them away. Realizing my chest was lightly heaving, I inhaled deeply, slowly to try and level my breathing once more.

Is...is this all because of my nightmare?

The door would suddenly open, my eyes moving to see another light enter the room before focusing my vision to see Zero. My eyes blinking slightly from having them watered before.

"Hey, is she okay? I heard a loud noise. Something happen?"

Kaname would move, standing up to come by my side and kneel near my position where I sat up from the couch. I looked to Zero, seeing him for the first time in some moments as I then tried to formulate a sentence to say to him.

Kaname was clad in his suit still as Zero also wore his night class uniform, as understandably him. I realized slowly I was in a room, unfamiliar to say the least and that this was more than likely still in the gala's building.