Chapter Six: Beast Emerges

Zero's P.O.V

It was that same night of St. Xocolatl's day that concluded our time patrolling. We all went our separate ways as I went straight to the Headmaster's house to go to the showers. I already knew the boy's dormitory showers closed by this time of night so this was a nightly ritual.

Placing a small white rag outside of the door of the bathroom, I then walked inside to start the shower. Taking off my obsidian colored uniform I then unbuttoned my white shirt to slip it off of my shoulders to place onto the milk colored marbled counter, next to the sink. Taking off the rest of my articles of clothing, I then slipped into the shower to feel the rush of the luke warm soon turning hot water hit my cold skin. I had focused my mind intently on today's events, exhaling gently under the water as I felt my body begin to relax and soothe with the running water.

Hm, Yuki did infact make that guy something. I was just annoyed how she obviously did that just to avoid giving it to him. I took initiative to just give him her gift, but a part of me doesn't even understand why I did that as well.

And...where did (Your name) go when she suddenly left our patrols? She said she would be back but she was gone longer than expected.

I know it isn't cause to worry or overthink but, I can't help but shake a bad feeling from this.

Getting my hair wet, I picked up the shampoo bottle to pour some of the contents onto my palm as I then started to lather my hair with the small bubbles of soap I was creating. Seeing the hot steam rise to cover my vision did my thoughts return back to Yuki.

What she does sometimes really agitates me, but I guess I have to understand that she probably is in love with the dude, much to my dismay.

Raising my chin to look up to the ceiling of the shower did I feel the suds rush down my hair then to my back and soon into the drain as I then proceeded to wash the rest of my body. Running a bar of soap over my arms to create a soapy foam did I then place the bar down to then just run my hand over my chest and up to my neck to wash my skin. My hand stood on my neck, where my tattoo was, where that women's mark was.

I felt the water rush down my body as I focused my thoughts now on her. That damned to hell women.

My family.

I could see her languid eyes stare back to me as I stared to nothing in particular. My fists clenched as my jaw tightened with the image of her playing my mind.

-There was the sudden close of a door in the distance to snap me out of my thoughts as I picked up my head.

Hm, I guess someone walked into the house as well.

Rinsing off the rest of my body did I then turn off the shower to grab a towel and step out, keeping it around my waist as I just focused my thoughts intently on my actions.

Exhaling gently, I then used a smaller towel to dry my chest and body as I let it then rest on my neck. Putting on my clothes to sleep in, I slipped on some black joggers as well as a plain white long sleeve. The towel was still on my neck as I then saw the steam in the restroom settle down to clear the air.

My thoughts soon returning back to me of my past casted me to feel suddenly weak.

Turning, I placed my back against the wall to then slip my body down to sit against the tiled floor of the restroom, my eyes focusing on the other side of the wall as I was lost in thought.

"Zero~ Zero where are-" the restroom door suddenly opened as I didn't bother to look, hearing Yuki's distinct voice call for me as she peeked in to see me. "Oh hey, I was looking for you."