Chapter Seventeen: Bloody Petals Pt. 1

Ichiru's P.O.V

I had let the day slip away almost with the thought of what is to come of our plan. The ball was tomorrow night, Zero's death was tomorrow night and my place by Lady Shizuka's side should forever bind me finally with her blood once I am a vampire.

I had leaned against a light post as the moon was overhead, my black cloak lightly swaying in the cold chilled wind as my hood was over to cover my hair while my mask was off and in my pocket this time. I looked up to the Academic building, seeing the light's still on as I awaited for the Hunter to exit patiently.

Patience is key, I just have to remain calm.

The thought found it's way back into my skull once more, finding it's way to use it's talons to grip into my body, heart and emotions as I grit my teeth to look away not used to such thoughts.

(Your name) has been lingering my mind more often.

The thought of her suddenly coming in the midst of what I planned to do made me feel nothing more than a snake.

Why...should I concern myself with my image to her? A lowly girl to this Academy?

As that thought left me I realized my mistake in my insult as I felt my own guilt resurface. No, she is not lowly. Lady Shizuka is even fond of her. I should respect her as she does. But still, there must be more to a reason why she does.

Why do I wish to know so badly why she draws Lady Shizuka's attention and respect?

The door suddenly opened, causing my thoughts to come to a halt as I saw the revealed Hunter clad in his play professor suit as he darted his lone eye to me upon sensing.

He did not speak, merely walk away from the Academic building towards where I stood, directly under the buzzing lightpost.

I saw the scars on his face, the more his features became clear. I saw his darkened blue eye, his lips looking to want to hold another cigarette between them and his hands, reaching for his pistol behind his back.

Drawing my sword I quickly dashed forward, seeing him pull that pistol out to aim towards myself as I then swung my sword to the side of the offending metal, flinging the pistol away from which we stood.

My hood was on as my light hair fell directly over my eyes. I heard the slide of the gun against the cobblestone path way before I heard him speak next.

"Ah, Ichiru. I did not recognize you. I thought you were someone else."

I gripped my sword, staring to this faulty Hunter before me. He stared to my face, now clear from how close I had gotten with him.

"Hello, Master. It's been quite a long time." I relaxed my stance, standing before him as I aimed my sword up to his chest in a relaxed manner. My arm bent lightly as my blade was still pointed up to him to strike either way if he were to try something. I watched him just merely stare to my sword.

Does he not feel threatened finding out who I am?

Is he not impressed?

He did not raise his hands, did not back one step away. Kh, the unbelievable fool.

"You are here to kill me?"

"Precisely. Upon mine and Zero's future interlude of fate, I cannot have you protecting him as you always have." I gripped my sword a little harsher, my light violet eyes hardening to this man's face. "I recall everything, Zero being your real student, your only ever true concern, the son you never had. You see, that used to effect me greatly. Those are just one of the factors of my adversity filled life that molded me entirely to be the person I am today, not the person everyone used to see as in being weak, sick and in need of everyone's sympathy. I'm here to end you."