Chapter Three: The Night's Surprises

(Your name's) P.O.V

It was in the early morning of class that I felt the sun's harsh rays blind my tired eyes. I had lifted my left hand to place my elbow on the desk, using my palm to try to cover the sunlight from entering my eye as I then stared to the board.

The professor was writing notes as per usual, holding a book in his hand as he spoke.

Hearing a tired yawn next to me I then looked to Zero who then proceeded to lay his head down against the desk, eyes closed as he tried to sleep. His silver hair was displayed on his desk messily as he softly exhaled, offering no attention to the world around him.

He looks and sounds exhausted, I guess patrols really can take a toll on him and perhaps Yuki too.

I am glad Zero did not have an issue with me sitting next to him as I really had no other partner to sit next to as well. Atleast, none that I also preferred to sit next to.

Yuki's partnered seat was taken by her roommate and friend Yori who was a very kind young girl, so really it was either I give it a shot and hope for the best of sitting here or I sit on the far end by myself.

Letting my cheek rest on my palm, I looked to Zero passed out next to me. Grabbing his book for class, I propped it open and let it stand upwards, shielding a sleeping Zero from the teacher's view as the book stood infront of his head with no problem offered.

"Napping again Miss Cross?" The professor looked to Yuki who then decided to pick up her head at that moment's notice. "It seems that the Disciplinary Committee must be a taxing job for you. I guess I have no choice but to bring this to the attention of the Headmaster, maybe then he'll get you out of it so you may for once focus in class."

"Oh no no you don't need to do that professor, I can handle it." Yuki replied, taking a big yawn in mid sentence to cover her mouth as the teacher then ticked a brow.

"Stay after class." He lastly said as she then slumped in her chair to whine to herself.

Goodness, I feel bad a bit for these two. They really need more sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

The class was now dismissed as I had grabbed my book and notebook to then stand as Zero soon did the same, rubbing his eye with one hand as his other lilac colored eye narrowed slightly, adjusting to the sun's rays peeking through the windows. He had woken up a few moments ago hearing the students all begin to leave the classroom as soon as they felt they were ready with all the notes they'd taken. We both looked to Yuki talking to her friend Yori before I then decided to walk out, hearing Zero follow right behind me.

"She got in trouble, huh?" Zero said lowly as I nodded, looking to the two girls as we then exited the class.

"Mhm, sadly enough she did."

Zero brought a hand up to the back of his neck as I turned to look to him.

"Yeah, I heard the teacher call her name out right as I was falling asleep. I was waiting to hear mine called next which surprisingly never followed."

"Well, good. In the end at least you got some time to rest. You did look tired." I softly laughed, averting my eyes to the many students exiting classes in the halls as me and Zero stood close to a wall outside of our own classroom.

"Yeah, I was really tired. Anyways, are you going back to your dorm room?" He had asked curiously as I thought for a moment, averting my (Eye Color) eyes upwards in thought.

"Hm, I suppose I am, I have nothing else to do before we start patrolling so, want to walk?" I asked, turning my body to the direction of the staircase as I soon heard his steps follow me after.