Chapter Twelve: Peace Keeper

(Your name's) P.O.V

It was the late evening that I had been in the library calmly reading. It was the weekend and we had no patrols so I was just studying for the exams coming up soon with Zero.

The orange sun's rays crept in to the windows on the far wall as the building was completely vacant, surprisingly.

I had some classified books on my desk, propped open on different chapters as they were even partly sitting upon one another opened. I was currently looking into the history of vampiric changes in these books that Zero had nabbed for me from the headquarters of the Hunter's Association some days ago.

My eyes roamed the book, hearing the clock tic in the distance as the sun went down slowly.

No one was in the library, we were alone which was surprising since I thought I would see atleast other top students here studying like crazy. Maybe they checked out their needed textbooks or books and studied in their dorms?

Weird.

Throughout this week of having Maria as a new student, I did as I promised Zero and stood away from her. She kept trying to talk a lot during transitional periods of us guarding the Night Class and them walking to their assigned class but I kept things short.

Maria soon started to grow attached to Yuki once meeting her as well. She was fascinated that there was another member of the Disciplinary Committee that she had forgotten about, and immediately started talking and growing close with her as she had done me previously.

Maria was a bit odd, but I don't think just by looking at her smaller frame that she intends to hurt anyone. Maybe Zero just knows her from somewhere else and just did not like her. I'm not sure, I never asked seeing as how he likes his privacy.

I rested my cheek onto my palm as I stared down to the book.

"Those books better prove useful. They could get me into a lot of trouble if they found out I took them." Zero spoke, crossing his arms as he sat in a chair in front of the square desk which had all my numerous books open.

"They are, trust me." I replied, softly smiling as I had written down on my notebook a sentence in the book about the history of vampiric changes that struck me.

No matter the human whom is bitten, any bite underwent by the fangs of a Pureblood will solely undergo changes to a full vampire.

That sentence I had written on my notebook rung in my head until I looked over the next line to then copy down for memory.

The changes underwent from the ex-human to now full vampire will not cease there. The changes will inevitably continue, never stopping until the body fully reduces to the degeneration of the body, mind and psychological state of the individual. Resulting in the complete form of a deranged persons of which was the ex-human's original form. Mutations are common to occur ranging from claws, protruding fangs, changes in eye color typically to common pigmentations of red, deformities of skin or limbs and lastly changes in voice decibels.

My brows furrowed as Zero then spoke, leaning back in his chair.

"What's wrong?

I blinked my eyes.

"Nothing nothing, you just continue reading yourself. Study." I voiced, waving my hand to dismiss him as he then decided to look down to his own quantitative equations for his math class.

I continued to now read my own book, skimming my eyes over the words.

As studies have been conducted, during a series of events of the results of past war times many individuals have suffered and underwent these inevitable changes made by the numerous Pureblooded clans. These, as the term later went, 'Level E's' were used as expendable shields to aid and serve the Pureblood clans involved in war.