Chapter Ten: Contracts and Bloodlines

Kaname's P.O.V

It was after seeing (Your name) accompany our Night Class studies to pester and most importantly watch Professor Yagari that I couldn't help but wonder how far she'd go infact to find Zero.

Can he really mean that much to her?

It is already around her bedtime and I can see her yawning again and again as Hanabusa chats away at her, she looks so tired. I could imagine how exhausted she must feel, searching throughout the whole day for him.

Hm.

She has already done so much for Kiryu, by tolerating the fact that he attacked her and still throughout it all remaining his friend is more than what he deserves.

No, that's giving him the world.

I sat idly by for the next hour of class as Professor Yagari continued to write his notes for us all to memorize or copy. I kept my eyes on (Your name) the whole time, not bothering to listen to the lesson given for today.

It wasn't until that hour was up that Yagari soon left to dismiss us as (Your name) was fast asleep with her head tucked into her arms in her desk. Hanabusa gently nudged her awake as members of the Night Class started to depart back to our dorms.

I watched as a small yawn escaped her lips as she blinked her eyes to adjust to the small light in this classroom. As she spoke on Yagari's whereabouts, Hanabusa soon replied that he had left only for her to immediately stand, making the remaining rest of the Night Class members look to her as she then abruptly sprinted out the classroom, leaving the door to close shut as the Night Class continued to gather their things.

"What was that about?" Ruka spoke, carrying her book close to her chest as Hanabusa soon looked back to us.

"Well...she's quick on her feet as I can see." He softly laughed, dismissing the moment until Ruka spoke once more.

"Hanabusa, what was she doing in our class regardless? She was not supposed to be in here, it shouldn't have been allowed."

Having Hanabusa shrug his shoulders in return, he then soon lifted a hand to the back of his blond hair to scratch nonchalantly as he averted his blue eyes to the toffee haired female.

"No idea, but it seemed rather important. I'd leave it alone Ruka."

Her brows knitted together tightly, contorting a frown on her features as she immediately turned her direction to me.

"Ugh- Lord Kaname, are we really going to allow such a disturbance as to what this human girl brought onto us-"

"Leave it alone, Ruka." I repeated after Hanabusa, averting my own eyes to her as she soon closed her lips shut, looking down in submission to my statement.

"O-of course."

~~~~~~~~~

My mind still remained on the girl, no matter what else I tried to think of, they all traced back to her and I could understand that there was nothing more I could do than to perhaps truly help her in the best way I could.

Everything about her interested me.

Her presence consumed my mind until she left, no- not even until she left because her presence would still linger in my head far longer than when she would merely depart.

I now found myself infront of Headmaster Cross' office to ask upon how his meeting with the counsil went, and to hopefully lead this conversation to a path of what his plans for Zero were as I suddenly was forced to once again smell the aroma of (Your name's) blood in the air, although it is faint and not as strong as the last time I endured this.