Again?

Rebekah was in the hospital for a few days, which gave me plenty of time to call Child Protective, and make a space for her to come home to. I figured, she could stay on the couch, and then once she felt up to it we could go out clothes shopping and furniture shopping. I had 1 extra room in my apartment perfect for her.

It was the day they were discharging her. I can't believe this 13 year old would now be considered my daughter and I would be called 'mom'. She was as happy as could be. I asked if she wanted to go shopping or go home, she said she wanted to go see what her new house was like. I chuckled and drove to my apartment, a block and a half away from the precinct, and 3 blocks away from Olivia's.

We arrived at my door, i warned her that it was nothing special, and that i wanted her to pick her furniture that she liked so there wasn't really anything in her room besides a TV on a nightstand. She entered after me and he face lit up.

"Finally, a place I can call home, and im living with a woman that seems to be the nicest out there." Her small, fragile voice said. It sounded like she was about to cry. "Thank you." She turned around with tears streaming down her face. I gave her a tight hug and ordered chinese. We sat down on my couch and ate. I asked her about her past and she explained her life story. It made me upset to hear what this young girl went through since she could remember. I promised her everything would be fine here.

"I have to get you enrolled in school. What was your previous school?"

"Bullock Junior High." She responded.

That was a block away on the opposite side of the precinct. I figured she could just stay at her school with her friends, it made the most sense. She said she hadn't been to school in 3 weeks but she loved her school.

It was her first day back, a week after she started living with me. I got her a cell phone and told her if she needed anything to call or text me and I was right down the street and I would pick her up at 3.

The day seemed so long, 3 rolled around and we got a call from the school, a missing girl named Rebekah Rollins.

"SHIT!!! MY DAUGHTER!!!" I yelled and ran out the door, hopped in a squad car with Fin and sped down to the school. Her school bag was on the ground. Her cell phone was a mile away going towards the Manhattan Bridge to go out of here. I knew that there was a vacant warehouse right there that is known for sex traffickers. Liv and I went down to it with backup.
We busted in, there she was, my little girl being raped along with several other little girls. We ran in, arrested the assholes who took them, and got the girls to the hospital. It was mandatory for rape kits, so Rebekah wanted me to stay with her.

"I thought you said everything would be okay... you lied."

"Rebekah, I was on my way down when I got a call you were missing. I arrived as fast as I could. I want to protect you, and be there for you. I promise, absolutely promise this will never happen again. I don't care what I have to do, it will never happen."

"I love you mom."

I held her hand as the painful parts of the kit came up.

It was all over when i took her home. She had a full room of furniture and a full wardrobe. I got her shower running and when she was done i got her tucked in.

"can you please stay i don't wanna stay in here alone, im kind of scared."

She didn't have to ask me twice. I said hold on and I went to get some food for us just incase she wanted to eat, and I got my laptop incase she wanted to watch a movie. I crawled into bed with her and she snuggled into my chest.

"Mom, thank you for saving me today and last week. I love you."

"Absolutely honey, anything for you. You never have to be scared because im here."

She fell asleep and I got a text from Liv.

"Hey are you okay? How is Rebekah, you left your stuff here if you want me to run it over sometime soon, and it's an order for you to take a week off, spent it with your daughter. Let me know how everything is going and if you need anything. "

I responded

"Thanks Liv you always got my back. You can come tonight, she's just sleeping, but I'll let you know when. "

Liv stopped over around 8. We were awake and eating. She said her favorite food was Mac and cheese so I made it from scratch. Liv joined us for dinner. She dropped off stuff from work and stayed a while. It was around 11 when she left. Rebekah said i was lucky to work with her because she was really nice and caring just like me. That brightened my face.

"Dessert?" I said pulling out some cookie dough ice cream.

_________________________

Thanks for reading! If you want to read another book that gets updated a little more often, go under my works in my profile and it's called "A day in the life:SVU". Thank you all!