𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈

"𝐇e's not saying anything, sir

"𝐇e's not saying anything, sir. What do we do now?"

Decision. A noun. Defined as "a conclusion or resolution reached after consideration."

"There's a thing called decision-making, Levi," I said, kneeling as I pulled the pocket knife out. "Either you die, or you tell us everything, and we spare you. What's it going to be?"

"I'm not telling you anything. I've sworn to secrecy." 

"It's cute how you think you have a choice, Levi. Say, don't you have a wife? And two children?"

"Don't you dare do anything to them," he gritted through his teeth. 

"If you love them, you'd do anything and everything to protect them." 

Manipulating is a talent. You must know everything.

"I do love them," he said as he gasped for air as a result of being cut by the knife. "And I'd do anything-" 

"THEN TELL US!" I yelled, choking him.

"Your mother was a whore," he laughed like a maniac. "She's fucked countless men you don't even know. Who's your real father? I don't know. You could've asked her if she was still alive."

I took a step back at his words. 

Whore? 

"Sir-" Ayden said, but I stopped him.

"You, Elijah, are the reason why your mom died. If it wasn't for your existence, she would still be here." 

"Who killed her? WHO!" 

"You're a pathetic being, Elijah. It's a shame it wasn't you who died. It should've been you, Elijah. It should've been you," he laughed. "See you in hell." 

"WH-" 

Ayden was quick to react. He took a few steps towards him and placed two fingers under his nose, then opened his mouth. 

"Looks like some type of drug. He's dead, sir."

It should've been you, Elijah. 

Am I the reason why?

"Take care of his body. Burn it," I walked out with a clenched fist.

Hopping into my car, I gripped the steering wheel and hit the gas without thinking. Rage took over me, and I hit the gas even harder. 

160 mph.

Am I your son, father? Am I a failure and the reason why you died, mother?