𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈

𝐓he interview went on forever, and I felt my ass burning from all that sitting

𝐓he interview went on forever, and I felt my ass burning from all that sitting. The man, James Salvatore,  asked me at least twenty questions regarding experience, work history, strengths, weaknesses, and more. At first, he started with simple questions such as how I found this job and why I'm interested (which I'm not 100% sure I am), and he just told me to tell him a little about myself.

I freaked out when he told me to tell him about myself.

Do I tell him everything? Do I say to him about my family? How I'm struggling? What if I overshare? What if he thinks I'm weird? Do I just-

I overthink everything. It's a talent.

Throughout the whole interview, I felt like I was being interrogated rather than being interviewed. My mind was a mess, and I'm sure I could've done better. I replayed the whole session in my head as Madi drove me home, and let me tell you if I could redo the whole interview again, I would.

Before dismissing me, he informed me that he would let me know if I was hired within a few days and that I should be expecting a phone call within that period. That's excellent news, considering how it could take up to a month or more for other companies to decide whether or not they want to hire you.

Is it because not many people want to work at a place like that?

Curious, I asked Madi.

"Say... how long did it take for you to get the job?"

"Uhh... let's see here," she quickly calculated in her head. "I think around three weeks or a month. A lot of people applied for that position. Why ask, though?"

"Just curious," I said with a slight bit of confusion in my tone.

"Did he say something to you?" She asked.

"Yeah... he told me he would let me know within a few days..."

"That's odd. A lot of people would die for a job there."

I just blinked.

"Well, maybe you have some special privileges. Who knows?"

"Very funny."

The rest of the ride was quiet until the car came to a stop. I thanked her again for helping me and hopped off.

The next few days are going to be suspenseful. Will I get the job?