𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"𝐂ome meet me at 7 PM sharp, and we'll discuss more," he said, cutting me off before I could offer my proposal to him

"𝐂ome meet me at 7 PM sharp, and we'll discuss more," he said, cutting me off before I could offer my proposal to him. "Should I send someone to pick you up?"

"Uh..." I hesitated for a moment- he wouldn't kidnap me, right? 

Don't be ridiculous.

"Yes, please. That would be great. My address is..."

"Be ready at six twenty sharp. Until then, Miss Lennox," he said before hanging up.

Yeah. He likes face-to-face conversations. Not much of a caller, I can tell. That's the last thing I'm worried about, though. I need to worry about whether he will agree to my proposal as a response to his.

After all, I am taking a huge risk here. When you're desperate, there's nearly nothing that you wouldn't do. 

So, this is what they call, "desperate times calls for desperate measures."

What am I going to do for the next few hours?

And that is how I found myself standing in front of the mirror, practicing my speech.

"...𝐓he Midnight Serein..."

"...Serein..."

"Millions... no, perhaps billions?"

The scattered voices around the room were unpleasant to the man in the fine suit. He was a ruthless man, a killer known for his intolerance of bullshit, lack of riches, and lies. Despite all that, he has also earned a reputation for being a ladies' man.

The sound of his wine glass shattering on the floor caught the room's attention as if everyone knew the ruthless killer had enough and had gotten impatient with the incompetence of his lackeys. 

"Just how did the necklace end up in fucking Sicily? "

He was furious, all right, the gorgeous yet sly, wine-red-haired woman thought. 

"It was rumored to be under the Romano family for years, but since that woman died, it-"

A laugh from the woman interrupted the underling's speech.