𝗜𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘁 𝗚𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿

"nyenyenyenyenyenyenyenyenyenyenye-"

Y/n was sprinting across the vast ruins, a chest held high above her head as a small group of Ruin Guards chased her.

She'd tried fighting them, yes, but her attacks did next to nothing to the robots.

"DAMN IT, STOP CHASING ME!" y/n shouted and let out a frightened squeal when two of them turned around, preparing to launch rockets at her.

Y/n ran faster but the earth below her feet was blown up, sending both her and the chest flying.

Y/n yelped when she hit the ground and bit back a cry when the stupid chest landed right on her foot.

She shoved it off but couldn't scramble to her feet in time enough to avoid being whacked by one of the Ruin guards and sent flying once more.

'I am dead. Dead-'

She hit the ground again and could've sworn she'd heard something crack.

The h/c haired girl sat up, shaking her head to rid herself of dizziness and let out a frightened squeak as the Ruin guards towered over her.

Y/n puffed out her cheeks and held up a broken hatchet she'd picked up during her travels.

"Die!" she snapped, throwing it at one and hitting it right in its weak spot.

The thing convulsed as if the last bits of electricity, or whatever powered it, were struggling to keep it standing before the Ruin guard collapsed, leaving the others to march forwards.

"HSJSGSJWHWEHW HELP-" y/n screeched.

She covered her eyes, wishing for nothing more than to be held by Matr once more as she awaited her demise.

But... it never came.

She moved a hand from over her right eye, peeking and inhaled sharply when she saw the ruin guards all on the ground.

She blinked curiously and flinched when a voice asked, "Are you hurt?"

Y/n jumped to her feet, staring at her savior with wide eyes, "N-Nye. Uhm, y/n, uhm... I mean no!"

The person who saved her wasn't much older than her, a bit with short ginger haired and blue eyes. Y/n was a bit curious as to why they lacked the light she had seen in other people's eyes.

The boy chuckled, "Well I'm glad you're okay? I get that there was a lot but why didn't you fight back? You acted as if you've never seen a ruin guard before!"

Y/n averted her eyes, "Erm... never."

"Eh?"

"Never... seen one..." y/n mumbled, twiddling her fingers awkwardly.

There was silence before the boy looked shocked, "Really? Where are you even from?"

Y/n frowned, "A place called Dragonspine."

"Ohhh, you must live in Mondstadt!" the ginger exclaimed, clapping his hands together.

'Idiot ginger...' y/n thought, "Nye. Dragonspine. I do not live in the City of Mondstadt."

"Oh... really?"

"Mmmhm."

"Wow, the cold must not bother you then!" the boy laughed then extended a hand, "Who might you be, Dragonspine girl?"

Y/n looked at his hand in confusion before awkwardly shaking it, "...Y/n."

"Nice to meet you y/n! Please, call me Childe!" the ginger replied with a smile.

Y/n frowned, "Who names a child Childe?"

•••

"..."

"..."

Y/n and Teucer stared at each other in silence while Childe watched on.

He had a pleasant smile on his face but was internally wondering if y/n even liked kids.

The h/c haired girl turned her gaze to him before stating, "Idiot Ginger."

Childe's face fell, "What did I do!?"

Y/n averted her eyes, "Children. I have
... ah.... a soft spot for... children."

Y/n turned her gaze back to Teucer before her once cold demeanor turned into one that of a puppy, "I am y/n! What is your name?"

"Teucer! Are you friends with my big brother?" the little boy asked with bright eyes.

"We are travel partners!"

"Really?"

"Mhm! He saved me a from a bunch of ruin guards before! I like to call them Mister cyclopses though."

"Really? I call them that too!"

Childe exhaled in relief, glad that the h/c haired girl and Teucer were getting along.

"Ginger! Teucer and I want food!" y/n exclaimed then rested her hands on her hips, "Something..."

"Spicy." Teucer finished and y/n looked at the boy with excited e/c eyes.

"You read my mind!"

'I feel like she's stealing my little brother already...' Childe thought, amused.

But then again-

'She probably would kidnap him-'

•••

"Okay! If we are going to be friends, I have one important rule!" y/n declared, standing atop a table to make herself taller than her ginger friend.

She cleared her throat before pointing at Childe, "You hurt me, betray me or break my heart in any way, I will kill you."

"Nahhh, you wouldn't! You love me too much!" Childe exclaimed and sweatdropped when he saw the cold look in y/n's eyes, "...right?"

"Betray me and you will find out." y/n growled then looked away, "Idiot Ginger."

Childe smirked and reached up to pat the girl's head, "I'd never betray you! I'd willingly jump off a cliff before I ever betrayed you!"

Y/n blinked, "Really?"

*nod nod*

"Alright then..." y/n murmured, rubbing her neck, "I trust you. But if you ever betray my trust, I will kill you."

"Yea ma'am. ╥﹏╥"