𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

(Childe and y/n)

•♡•

Y/n wasn't squeamish when it came to blood. She was used to seeing it after having to drag herself into caves and practically suffocate in the smell while patching up her wounds.

She's had to deal with blood a lot of times.

Like when she accidentally cut her leg on a rock after falling from a cliff.

After she mishandled a claymore and ended up slicing her arm open.

When she tried catching a sword only to grab the blade and cut her hand.

Or when she headbutted that lawachurl simply because it was bothering her and ending up with both a bloody nose and a bleeding forehead.

Y/n was used to seeing enemies bleed, people bleed, hilichurls bleed, animals bleed, herself bleed, anything bleed.

But seeing someone she greatly cared about all bloody and beaten didn't sit well with her.

It... made her feel very worried.

"ARGHH! YOU STUPID GINGER!!!"

Y/n was freaking out but forced herself not to run around in a panic since she was being tasked with carrying her barely conscious friend upon her back.

The h/c haired girl was an idiot who enjoyed fighting. Her dear ginger haired friend was also an idiot who enjoyed fighting.

Childe knew his limits.

Y/n didn't.

Which was exactly why he was the one who ended up all bloody and beaten after y/n foolishly challenged three Lawachurls at once.

Hey, look at the bright side! Childe wasn't dead! Just bleeding heavily and wasn't capable of staying conscious for long.

Y/n plopped him down beside a tree and dug in her bag for the wolfhook berries Razor insisted she take with her.

"Where are they, where are they...oh-"

Y/n deadpanned.

'NYEEEEE, I ATE ALL OF THEM!!!' she internally cried, staring in distress at the empty space where the berries had once been.

She looked back at Childe who was still out old before throwing her cloak over him.

"T-Todo Childe! I will be right back!" y/n yelped, running off to search for things she could use to help with the injuries.

•••

"Ah, no worries, it's nothing too serious!" the young woman chirped with a smile, carrying her crying daughter with her remaining arm.

She had put away her blade so she could run with the crying child, hoping to put some distance between the two and the rather aggressive Lawachurl not far behind them.

"Here we go!" the woman exclaimed.

Her e/c eyes were filled with pain as she forced a rock aside with her shoulder, struggling.

It moved enough to let her and her crying daughter into the little cave.

She set the girl down, skillfully bundling her up in clothes so she would be warm.

"Everything will be alright, dear." she told the crying girl with a smile, rubbing her head, "Mama will be right back!"

"M...Mama.." the little girl sobbed and the woman's eyes sparkled with tears.

"Aw come on, you're making me feel bad..." she sighed then pressed a kiss to her daughter's forehead, "Dont worry, I'll be quick."

Ignoring the little girl's cries for her, the woman darted out of the cave and back out into the harsh snowstorm outside.

Leaving the little h/c haired child to curl up and sob quietly while she waited in vain for her mother to return.

•••

"Oh, tomo Unu, you are awake!" y/n cried, eyes wide when Childe finally woke up and managed to stay awake for more than three seconds.

She had been sitting beside him, staring and waiting frantically for the ginger to wake up.

At some point, she'd dozed off but had woken up a few minutes before Childe.

It had been a couple hours, y/n running all the way to Wolvendom and grabbing wolfhook berries only to run back to Liyue without resting. She'd patched up her friend the best she could and had waited around two hours for him to wake up.

"I must've hit my head or something..." Childe mumbled as y/n helped him sit up, "What happened."

"Ichallengedabunchoflawachurlsandtheywerebeatingmeupsoyoucametohelpbuttheybeatyouuptoosoihadtocarryyouawaybutyouwerebleedingalotandunconcious-" y/n took a deep breath, "Ihadeatenallthewolfhookberrieswehadsoiranallthewaybacktowolvendomtogetsome,camebackhereandpatchedyouupthenwaited-!"

Childe deadpanned as y/n caught her breath, "...I have no idea what you just said."

"Ah... nevermind. Are you okay?" y/n asked, gesturing to the bloody bandages, "You are not going to die, right?"

"Ha, of course not! It'll take a lot more than a couple of Lawachurls to kill me!" Childe laughed then blinked, "Y/n? Are you crying?"

Y/n tilted her head then felt her face with a hand. Yep, she was crying.

"I-, uh, nye-" y/n said quickly, turning her head as the tears flowed, "I am not."

"...yes you are."

"Am not crying."

"Yeah you are."

"Nye!"

Y/n whined in protest when her friend took her hands in his, so she couldn't hide her face anymore.

She pouted a little, sniffling quietly when she just accepted the fact she had to make eye-contact with her friend.

"Y/n, tell me." he said firmly

"Hmph... seeing you hurt just brought up bad memories. That is all." y/n grumbled, looking away as more tears gathered her eyes.

Childe sighed and pulled y/n into a hug, earning a, "H-Hey! Watch it!" from her.

"I don't know what you've been through or what you've had to witness but I'm here for you." he told her gently.

Y/n blinked and sniffles quietly, relaxing into the hug and returning the embrace.

"...tomo, Childe." she murmured, pulling away to bonk him on the head, "But do not ever fight my battles again!"

"Okay! Okay! Stop pulling on my nose!"