𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

"..."

"..."

"So..."

"Uhm..."

Y/n and Fintan awkwardly sat next to each other on a bench in Mondstadt, looking at everything but one another.

"Why did you call me here?" y/n asked.

"I... well..." the man averted his eyes, "...wanted to apologize. To...uhm...you."

Y/n frowned, looking at the man, "Why is that? You have not done me any wrong."

"Believe me, I have." Fintan sighed, running a hand through his hair, "You see... I knew your mother, y/n."

That caught the h/c haired girl's attention.

"You do remember a her a little... right?" Fintan asked and y/n nodded.

"Bits and pieces." she mumbled.

"Yeah. Almost every early memory I have of her, you are present." y/n pointed out, "Were you close?"

Fintan averted his eyes in the same manor y/n tended to when embarrassed, "I suppose you could say that... originally she was my superior but she insisted that we become... friends."

"Were you more than that?" y/n inquired and Fintan frowned at her.

"Why would you think that?"

"You speak of her the way a husband would speak of his wife." y/n pointed out, "Did you have a romantic relationship?"

"...yes."

"Knew it." y/n hummed, "You must have been really sad when she died. Is that why you gave up your position as a Harbinger?"

Fintan nodded, "It didn't feel the same without her there. When we were informed that Eira had died, I hoped that you survived too. That's what she would've wanted. I waited a year before giving up my spot. I searched for you and..."

Fintan trailed off.

"You... found me with the hilichurls?" y/n guessed and the man nodded.

"Yes. I had a feeling they would take good care of you so I watched from afar."

Y/n hummed quietly.

"I'm... sorry."

"What for?" y/n inquired, staring at the man with curious eyes, "This is the second time you have apologized to me."

"I... I am sorry for being a bad father."

His voice faded, preventing y/n from hearing his last word.

Before she could as him hits he said, he stood with heavy sigh, "Alright, kiddo. We should probably get to work. If you wanna use that Delusion, you'll have to learn how to use your Vision first."

Y/n frowned, "I already know how to."

Fintan turned his head to smirk at her and y/n's eyes sparkled when a flame brust to life in the man's open palm.

"Believe me, kid. You have a lot to learn."