𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗯𝗹𝘂𝗺𝗲

"Y/n... does not understand."

Y/n adorned a blank stare as she walked between Diluc and Kaeya, holding both of their hands.

The trio were making their way towards Mondstadt away from Dawn Winery, having just retrieved y/n from where she promised she'd be.

In a tree.

Knocking down a beehive.

"What is the Windblume for?" she asked, looking at Diluc then Kaeya, "Is it food?"

"No, silly!" Kaeya laughed, "It's a festival to celebrate freedom and love!"

"Love...?" y/n murmured.

"Mhm! There's tons of fun games and good food to eat too!" Diluc told the girl.

"Games..." y/n murmured before her eyes lit up with excitement, "Food?"

Both boys yelped when y/n released their hands and wrapped her arms around their necks, dragging them to her level, "Y/n wants food! Y/n is reallyyyy hungry! Can we get food? Can we? Can we? Can we!"

How could they resist those sparkling e/c orbs and that beautiful smile.

"Sure!" Kaeya blurted out, "I brought some Mora so I can pay for whatever you wanna eat!"

"Yes!" y/n exclaimed then grabbed her friends' hands again, "Let us go eat! Let us go eat!"

•••

"So... what do we do in this game?"

Y/n was nibbling on some chicken mushroom skewers, nervously staring down from the hot air balloon the trio were in.

"For this game, you have to try to catch all the flowers balls! When you get to the bottom, try to catch the garland!" Diluc explained and y/n nodded, swallowing the last of her food.

"Okay." she hummed before vaulting over the side of the hot air balloon, gravity dragging her down as soon as she did so, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The two watched as the girl fell, catching flower balls and squealing with delight.

"Looks like she's having fun." Diluc said with an affectionate smile, eyes bright.

"Uh... Diluc?" Kaeya questioned after a couple of seconds.

The red haired boy looked at his adopted brother and Kaeya pointed at the wind glider sitting sitting the corner of the hot air balloon.

Y/n's wind glider.

Just as it settled in, y/n started screaming at the top of her lungs from below.

"OH NO-" Diluc wheezed before jumping over the side to go after y/n.

•••

A shaken y/n held a bow, her arms trembling as she tried to aim at one of the flooring balloons.

"Yeah, like that!" Kaeya told the girl, "Now pull the arrow back then let it go!"

Y/n did as she was told and let out a noise of frustration when she missed.

"Try again!" Diluc encouraged her.

Y/n tried again.

Around thirty more times before she screamed, ruffling her hair angrily.

"FORGET IT!" y/n snapped, breaking her bow in half and throwing it a couple meters away.

"Giving up already?" Kaeya teased while Diluc chuckled at y/n's behavior.

Y/n seethed, "Nye! Y/n is just getting a better weapon! That is all!"

The girl looked around then scooped a fish out of the pond they were standing by.

Diluc deadpanned, "Y/n-"

"Y/n? What are you doing?"

Y/n glared at one of the balloons in the air and both boys screamed at the top of their lungs when the girl threw the poor fish at the balloon, somehow popping it.

"Muhe!" y/n exclaimed, pumping a fist in the air before scooping up another fish.

Kaeya and Diluc watched in horror as y/n picked up another fish and threw that one too with a little, "Nyeh!"

She popped another balloon and the fish hit the ground with a splat.

"Y/n, no-" Kaeya wheezed as y/n was picking up another fish, "Y/n don't-OW!"

Kaeya pressed a hand against his cheek in shock after y/n slapped him with the fish she'd picked up, a fish in each of her hands.

"Let y/n do her thing!" the girl snapped before turning back to the balloons and started throwing fish again, "Flying fishies!"

•••

The day ended with the trio sitting on a bench, each of the enjoying mint jelly.

Y/n was kicking her legs back and forth, a happy expression on her face, "Y/n had a lot of fun today! Tomo Kaeya, Diluc!"

Kaeya and Diluc, worn out from a day of keeping their h/c haired friend out of trouble, smiled wearily.

"We're glad you had fun." Diluc told the girl, patting her head.

"We'll go again next year and we'll have twice the amount of fun!" Kaeya added.

Y/n beamed, "Right!"

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)