𝗢𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻

(_jilliann here is the angst you requested. Angst isn't my forte but I hope that it's at least decent)

(There's probably so many typos and spelling errors, now that I think about it-)

3rd Person POV

Y/n understood that she wasn't a god.

She understood she wasn't all that stronger than others around her.

But, that never really kept her out of trouble. In fact, it only go her into it.

Intelligence and brute strength were two ways she managed to save her life whenever it was in danger. But it was inevitable that there would come a time where it wouldn't be enough.

"Alright! Try it now!" y/n chirped, resting her head on her hands with bright e/c eyes filled with excitement and hope.

The hilichurl who sat in the chair in front of her, kicking its legs back and forth hesitated before trying, "Uhm... ligma?"

"Odd choice for first words but YES!" y/n exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air, "It worked! Kiss my backside, Celestia, you can go suck a-"

"Please don't be so vulgar, it's honestly disturbing..." the hilichurl in front of her interrupted and y/n grinned.

"Hehe, sorry... I suppose we should start with names, right?" y/n inquired.

The hilichurl nodded, "Yes, yes, names. Y/n, right? I'm used to calling you Bellator Minima but I've heard your friends call you y/n."

"Yep! That's my name!" y/n chirped, "Do you have a name? One you can recall?"

"Ah... I think it was..." the hilichurl pondered for a moment longer before shrugging, "I dunno. I forgot a long time ago."

"I'll come up with one then!"

"...sure."

"How about... Aimée?"

"I have no objections." Aimée replied, "So... what now? Are you going to lift the curse from the others?"

"Of course!" y/n exclaimed, getting up, "And I'm gonna start now so I cn have every single hilichurl in Dragonspine speaking again and regaining some of their memories!"

Aimée sighed, "I don't think you can do all of that in one night, y/n. Rest. You spent a lot of time finding a solution."

"Nah, I can rest later!"

Aimée began to speak again but y/n was already rushing away, carrying a load of books and and as she ran off, the cold Dragonspine air sweeping into her little home.

The hilichurl sighed then looked over to the little fire place. Aimée hummed quietly, watching as the cold air snuffed out the fire that once warmed the room.

"Oh dear... that isn't good..."

•••

Over the course of the next month, y/n had lifted whatever curse had been placed upon the hilichurls who livedin Dragonspine.

Soon, the cold mountain had hilichurls speaking I the human language again and slowly regaining memories from their life before they were turned into the creatures they were today.

Y/n, the one who had done what most others couldn't, was exhausted. She hadn't slept in days and it truly showed.

And, as usual, during her time of weakness... the Fatui stuck their nose into her business. There were a lot of skirmishers in Dragonspine and it was only a matter of time until they noticed that the hilichurls were now capable of communicating.