𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀

(I don't know if this is the same for other people but when I have nightmares, I feel EVERYTHING)

(Fall down the stairs? Feel it. Electrocuted? Feel it. Arm ripped off? Definitely felt it. Legs broken? Feel it.)

Includes: Kaeya + Diluc

Takes Place: When y/n was like... eight.

•♡•

Y/n awoke with a start, a squeal slipping out of her as she slipped out for bed.

She hit the floor with a light thud but scrambled out of the covers, confused as to what was her dream and reality.

She backed up into the corner and tucked her knees close to her chest, shaking as quiet sobs slipped put of her against her own will. Y/n covered her mouth, squeezing her e/c eyes shut as the last echoes of her nightmare faded.  Despite that she still didn't feel safe.

It was raining heavily outside. Y/n stared out the window, watching the sky and jumped when thunder rumbled, flashes in the sky illuminating what she thought was a dragon of some sort. All she knew was that it was probably a big monster, with big teeth, that could easily eat her.

With a fearful cry, she got up and ran from her room, running to the closest one and running straight for the bed, jumping on someone and startling them awake.

Kaeya

"Wha-? Y/n?" Kaeya mumbled sleepily, sitting up and rubbing his eyes as y/n burrowed under the covers until she was nothing but a trembling lump.

"Y-Y/n saw a monster..." y/n whispered from under the covers, "She got scared 'cause she did not want to be eaten..."

Kaeya sighed heavily and poked y/n, "Hey, get out from under there."

Y/n obeyed, rolling around until she flopped out of the bed and popped up, peeking at Kaeya from the bed side with teary eyes.

The boy sighed and pat the space next to him, "Here, sit. Tell me what happened."

Y/n clambered into the bed beside Kaeya, grabbing a pillow and hugging it.

"There is a place in y/n's home. It reeks of death and something y/n cannot describe." y/n began, "There are big bones there. Y/n sometimes travels through with Matr but it is really scary."

Kaeya thought for a minute, "Ah, we call that place Wyrmrest Valley."

"Scary name..." y/n murmured, "Matr and y/n would sleep there if it got too dark and y/n would always have strange dreams. It always ended the same. Being attacked by a scary dragon. Falling from the sky. Then black."

Kaeya cringed, 'That's... creepy.'

"Is that why you're scared? You thought you saw the dragon?" Kaeya inquired and y/n nodded, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Y/n had the same dream again! And y/n hit the ground really hard! Y/n does not want to die! Y/n wants to live!" y/n cried, breaking down into tears.

Kaeya didn't know what to say as the girl continued sobbing uncontrollably.

"Hey, you're a hilichurl, y/n. Soon to be a mitachurl." Kaeya told her, remembering what she had said to him, "You're gonna be a strong mitachurl. Strong enough to take on any mean dragon!"

Y/n sniffed, rubbing her eyes, "R-Really?"

"Of course! If a dragon ever comes by, you'll definitely defeat it!" Kaeya exclaimed with a grin and y/n's eyes sparkled.

"Not yet. Y/n is still hilichurl." y/n reminded Kaeya, getting under the covers and letting go of the pillow so that she could hug Kaeya instead, "Until then. Kaeya has to protect y/n."

The boy began to protest but the girl had already fallen asleep, snoring softly.

He knew the girl had an iron grip so no use struggling and trying to get her to release him. Besides, she was asleep.

Kaeya stared at her, wondering if she would have another nightmare but she seemed fine.

He sighed quietly, not wanting to disturb the girl's dream. He didn't know what zido meant but figured it wasn't good.

Diluc

"Y/n?" Diluc asked sleepily but was cut off as y/n threw her arms around his neck and hugged him, burying her face in his hair.

"Y/n had a bad dream!" y/n cried, "Then y/n saw the dragon outside her window! Please protect y/n, Diluc!"

"Hold on, you had a bad dream?" Diluc asked and y/n let go of him, sitting back with a nod as tears rolled from her eyes.

"Y/n has this dream when in Dragonspine sometimes. This was the first time she had it outside." y/n replied in between hiccups.

Diluc gave her a sympathetic look and wiped tears from her eyes, "Don't worry, it was just a dream. Here, you can sleep in here. In the mean time, wanna talk about it?"

Y/n shook her head, "Nye... can you yell y/n a story instead? A really good one?"

"What story do you want to hear?" Diluc asked as y/m got under the covers and hugged him, burying her face in his chest.

"Hm... I dunno."

Diluc laughed, patting y/n's head, "How about I make one up? Will that help?"

Y/n nodded, "Yes please."

"Once upon a time there lived...." Diluc pondered for a moment, "A hilichurl."

"A hilichurl?" y/n echoed.

"Yes, a hilichurl. She really wanted to be a mitachurl so she went out one day to find a worthy opponent." Diluc continued, "But she got lost and couldn't find her way back home for days."

Y/n hummed, a sign she was listening.

"So, she wandered for days until she came across a huge forest. In the forest was-"

Diluc was interrupted by a loud snore from y/n. He smiled, seeing that the girl had fallen asleep quite quickly.

Maybe the story was boring.

Or it calmed her down enough to help her sleep. Regardless of what it was that got y/n to fall asleep so quickly, Diluc was happy to help.

(Have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening! ^^)