𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

Y/n's POV

"Y/n? If I were to... do something bad... would you hate me?"

Y/n, who had been happily eating some charred eggs Bennett had offered her earlier that day, looked at Albedo curiously.

Her friend wasn't looking at her, his eyes on a book instead. The h/c haired girl was a little concerned since she couldn't sense anything from him like she usually could.

She tilted her head.

Now that she thought about time she was feeling less and less from Albedo recently. And he'd asked a ton of odd questions too.

"Of course not!" y/n replied, blinking then rested her hands on her hips, glowering at her friend, "Hey... you're not planning on ditching me and never talking to me again, are you Albedo...?"

Albedo looked back at her, "No."

Y/n glared for a moment longer then smiled, walking over and wrapping her arms around Albedo to give him a warm hug.

"There are very few things that could make me hate you." y/n murmured, "Once you've got my heart, hating you isn't easy. I'll always be your friend, Albedo, no matter what you do."

"No matter what...?" Albedo echoed.

Y/n tilted her head up to grin at Albedo with bright eyes, "No matter what!"

•••

Y/n had said goodbye to Albedo a couple hours earlier and busied herself with cooking with a couple of hilichurls.

One looked up and turned their head in the direction of Mondstadt before tugging on y/n's arm, "Bellator Minima."

Y/n looked at it and it pointed. She looked in the direction and blinked.

"Huh...?" she murmured, squinting.

Her eyes widened, "HUH???"

She could see fire in the distance, amber flames lighting up the night sky and embers floating up into the air.

"Nye, nye, nye!" she scrambled to her feet and turned to the puzzled hilichurls, "Mane hic, it's dangerous."

The hilichurls looked at one another but nodded at y/n and remained where they were as she turned and ran off.

Y/n was desperate to get to the city as fast as she possibly could.

So desperate that she found the closest ruin guard. Which just so happened to be a massive one.

"OI, THROW ME!" she ordered and yelped when it tried to punch her instead, "YOU DUMB ROBOT I SAID-ACK!"

Y/n got kicked instead and was sent flying through the air. She hit the ground hard, crying out in pain when her arm hit a rock but got back up, sprinting towards the City of Mondstadt.

'Please be okay... please be okay...!' she thought, e/c eyes wide. The smoke was burning her eyes and made breathing difficult as she coughed, still running closer to the burning city.

She saw how the walls were crumbling but didn't notice until the last minute that bridge beneath her feet was crumbling too.

Y/n squeaked when the stone fell apart beneath her feet, jumping in time to make it to the other side before the party she'd been standing on finally gave in.

She looked back, watching as the bridge that was her way out tumbled down into the water below. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she forced herself to stand again.

"Three... two... one... GO!"

Y/n swept Kaeya's legs out from under him and pushed Diluc off the bridge before sprinting across and to the other side.