Chapter 5

It was Monday once again when Aizawa sensei told them it was time to pick a class rep. Everyone, except Y/n, shot their hand up, hoping to be picked. Y/n didn't want even more work and she was banking on her parents not knowing. Saying how she never tried and was useless.

"Choose among yourselves." And he crawled into his yellow sleeping bag in the corner.

"How about we vote?" Sero asked. Everyone seemed to like the idea. 

So they all wrote down a name for class rep and put it into a box. And since Y/n didn't want to be class rep, she was chosen to count the votes.

 Mina handed her the box and Y/n got to counting and sorting. When she was done, she walked up to the front of the class, everyone waiting.

"Class representative is Midoriya and vice rep is Yaoyorozu." She said, and walked back to her seat.

Momo and Midoriya stood at the front of class. 

"Um," Midoriya mumbled, "Thank you, I guess." He was about to say more but then the bell rang.

Everyone got up, ready for lunch.

Y/n sat with the 'Baku-squad', as Mina called it, and listened to the convocation. Which was Denki whining how he didn't have a girlfriend.

"Dude, chill," Sero started, "We're only 15. We have plenty of time to find girlfriends and other stuff like that."

Denki groaned. "But I want one nooooow."

Bakugo had enough as he smacked Denki on the back of the head screaming, "Shut up ya dunce face! We're getting migraines over here!" Going back to scowling at his food.

And that's when the alarm went off.

"Warning. Intruders at front gate. Warning."

Everyone panicked, shooting up from their tables and rushing out to the hallway.

The squad got separated, the sea of kids showing no mercy.

Y/n felt her arm being tugged sideways. She was too discombobulated to tug back, being pulled and pushed up against the wall.

When she saw who it was, she calmed a bit. It was Kirishima. He had pulled her out of the crowd and sort of caged her to the wall, protecting her.

 "Hey," Kirishima gave her a small smile.

Y/n gave out a breathy chuckle. "Hi."

They both shared a look. Y/ns saying 'thank you', while Kirishimas said 'sorry I'm closing you in.'

But Y/n didn't feel closed in or trapped. She felt calm even though the alarm was still blaring. She was trying to figure it out when a light bulb went off in her head.

She felt safe. The same kind of safe when she was on her roof late at night.

She felt safe in Kirishimas arms.

When Y/n looked up she saw...a flying Iida?

He whooshed by above everybody's heads and landed on an archway.

"It is a false alarm!! It is just the press!!" 

That calmed everyone down.

As people were now walking and not pushing so much, Kirishima let Y/n out of his arms. They walked in silence until Y/n spoke up.

"Thanks."

Kirishima turned his head to look at her. 

"Hmm?"