Chapter 16

Paperwork. That's what Y/ns been doing all day. Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork. Don't forget this, don't forget that. She knew what she was doing at the time, but if you asked her to tell you how to do it 5 minutes later? You're out of luck.

The day felt like it went on and on. Drowning in it. So when she and Shoto were told them it was lunch break, Y/n was out of the office they were in faster than you could say 'hello'.

Y/n had a lunch meat sandwich and some juice. While eating she got a text from Kiri.

Kirishima: Hey Y/n! How's your day going?

Y/n was little confused from the sudden text. She and Kiri hadn't really texted one on one before.

Y/n: Good so far. Just wish I wasn't doing paperwork all day.

Kirishima: Really? I texted Bakugo a little bit ago and he said he was also doing paper work.

Kirishima: Hang on.

Bakugo has been added to the chat 

Bakugo: Shitty hair, why did you add me? I'm busy.

Kirishima: You said you were on your lunch break.

Bakugo: Yeah, busy eating.

Y/n let out a breathy giggle which made Shoto steal a glance at her phone before going back to his own food.

Y/n: What are you eating?

Kirishima: I had a burger and fires.

Bakugo: Lunch meat sandwich.

Y/n: Really? Me too Bakugo.

Y/n: Bet you put spicy mustered on it, right?

Bakugo: Of course. That's the only right way.

'Of course. Always with the spicy stuff.'

Y/n felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Shoto.

"Lunch is almost over, we should get going." 

"Oh, okay." She quickly sent a text saying her lunch break was over.

Kirishima: Okay. Have a great rest of your day!

Kirishima: That goes for you too Bakugo!

Bakugo: Tch, whatever.

Y/n turned her phone off and stacked her tray with the rest of the dirty trays.

Shoto was waiting by the door for her.

"Let's go." She said with a smile.

Back in the office, they stayed there until 6 o'clock, one of the employees told them they had the rest of the day off and that they could walk around the city. But to be sure they were back at the agency by 8pm.

"Oh, Shoto," Y/n tapped him on the shoulder. "Do you know any good ice cream parlors around here?"

Shoto thought for a second. "I believe I do. Why?"

"Well, do you wanna go get ice cream with me? I think we deserve it after doing all that paper work."

Shoto stood there for a second before nodding. "Yes, I would like to go get ice cream with you."

Y/n did a fist pump mentally before telling Shoto to wait for her on the first floor so she could go get her money. But he stopped her.

"I can buy the ice cream."