Part 4

I ran my hands threw my mid length dark brown hair, taking deep breaths as I finally laid back on the bed looking at the celling trying to calm my head down. Sitting up again I began to pace back and forth. Soon I gathered my things and opened the door that lead to the bathroom to shower. Hoping the warm water would help stop the thoughts that seem to always be sounding in my mind.  

I turn on the water and take off my hoodie, glancing in the mirror I see the scars and my prosthetic arm. I freeze knowing that I'd have to take it off to shower. Slowly I undid the straps holding on me and placed it down on the sink. Now there I was stood looking into the mirror at the man stood there scars and one arm missing. I could feel my whole body start to shake so I closed my eyes and turned away from the mirror and strip down to nothing. Stepping into it I felt the hot water run down my some what toned body, I was not skinny but not overly buff ether. 

Now wrapped in a towel I pick up my arm and head back into my room. The dark thoughts I had are now once more quietened a little but I still hear them just on the edge of my mind. Grabbing a clean pair of jeans I lay my prosthetic on the dresser and once more lay on top of the bed this time  my left arm resting over my eyes. But try as I might I could not sleep I tossed and turned then finally gave up. 

Heading down I saw the bar was clear of every one and it was quiet I sat down in a booth and took in the quiet. Its now I see a door open and Doc emerge from some where and walked over.

"Hey kid, can't sleep?" He asked and I shook my head noticing he seemed unphased at my lack of right arm.     

"Nope, haven't since...." I pause trying not to think about that day.  

"Its okay, we all have our daemons around here" He said and motioned to the stairs where Ace and another guy I haven't met walked down.  " so do you know those guys in the shed?" Doc asks and I shake my head.

"They were in town earlier, harassing me for my bike." I say " other than that I haven't seen them before."  I turn slightly to my right hiding my lack of arm from the others.

"Strange  they only went for you." Ace says and I nod again and see doc notice my discomfort.

"Okay, Pitbull, follow me I need to do a routine med check"  He says and I slid out to follow him noting how they others took no notice of my lack of arm. This relaxed me a little as I follow him into a fully kitted medical room. " Okay, sit on the bed." He said I watch him closely.

"Um.. why do you need to do this?" I ask and see him chuckle as he places the thermometer in my mouth.

"I don't but you looked like you needed less people around." He pointed out " so PTSD, how bad?" he asked taking my blood pressure. I take the thermometer out of my mouth as I sighed and spoke.

"Bad enough." I say and see the raised eye brow.

" so, nightmares, shakes? " He says and I nod " I'm guessing also sever anxiety by the way you pulled away from touch." I slid off the bed and head for the door.

"Just leave it" I say and head back to my room. I know he was only trying to help but that night I had the worst nightmare ever. I was back in the hummer laughing with my platoon, then the horrible sound and white hot heat hit. I feel it all, the pain of my uniform burning against my skin the numb pain that came from my right arm as I lay. At the point I was lifted up onto the stretcher and saw the remaining stump with something white sticking out of it like some horror movie. I would wake crying out and my arm would throb just as if it all had just happened