Part 5

I reach to the night stand for my meds but only succeed in knocking them off and onto the floor. I roll to my left and sit up slowly my arm throbbing the whole time.  I kneel down to try and grab the bottle but it rolls under the bed. Now I curse and kick the night stand sending it crashing to the floor. Now I hear a knock on the door and ace's voice.

"You okay in there?" He asks I pace back and forth before opening the door in just my jeans. He must have seen the state I was in as he stepped back. I made my way down the stairs looking for something I could have to dull the pain and the memories.  Making my way to the bar I see a bottle of whiskey sat on it I grab it and place a 100 in its place. Moving out side I feel the rain that had started to fall against my heated skin. 

I stand for a moment feeling it fall on me soaking me, when a hand suddenly snatches the bottle away from me. I turn quickly and see Killer stood holding it before he throws it at the wall. I stay stood , rooted to my spot rain soaking my hair and jeans. 

"You can't solve your problems or drown those voices with this." He says walking to stand close to me. " I should know, we all know around here how it feels to fight our demons, For fuck sake I was a mess until she showed me I could be more, a better man." He walks around me only to stand facing me again his arms now crossed as he looked me up and down. 

"Come with me."   He lead me back inside and down to a gym. Moving over to a punch bag he held it steady. "Now hit it.. Go on you won't hurt me."  Seeing I wasn't moving he lent on the bag and sighed. " Look, your thinking is that you can't because of the arm, well I'm.. nope, we're gonna show you its all in your head." He lightly tapped my temple. "Now hit the god damn bag."  I reach back my left arm and hit the bag "Again, This time put all your weight behind it, your no god damn use to me if your heads screwed up, now get it out all of it." He eggs me on and I do. I think about all that's happened to me. The lose of my arm and platoon, The lose of my family, Being left with nothing but my bike and a bottle of pills that didn't work. 

Soon I am hitting it full force with my left arm, I'm so focused I don't see that others have filtered into the gym and are watching me.

"If he hits that hard with his left, what damage can he do with his right?" I hear Ice say Now I stop. My body now glistening with the sweat from the work out.  I turn Just as Socket tosses me a towel and smirks as I catch it.

"Feeling better kid?" He asks and I nod as I wipe sweat from my face and shoulders.

"Surprisingly, yeah." I say as I notice the pain in my arm was now bearable.  "Killer must like you, its not often he takes someone under his wing." Socket says patting my shoulder as he passes to start his own work out. Now I walk out of the gym for the first time in months with a god damn smile on my face.