hunters & challenges

A GUARD KNOCKED ON Aida's office door drawing her away from pack work. Normal pack work for Luna's was to deal with the women, children, and those who were ill, however, Aida was currently dealing with Rogues Werewolves.

The pack was known for taking in abandoned lycans of all ages, especially those below the age of 18. Some even joked that they were Lycan Child Protective Services, however, they never took in werewolves. There had always been issues between Werewolves and Lycans as they were two different species. Werewolves wanted to demolish the Lycan population because they feared them.

"My Lady. Your Majesty Draco requests your attendance at his next meeting."

"Thank you Smith." Stepping out of her office she surveyed the people who were sparring with one another, making mental notes as to what she wanted to change. "Is he at the palace?"

Her personal guard shook his head—"pack office, My Lady."

There was no crown on her head or Alpha's mark on her neck, yet the people still bowed when she passed them. Her long blue dress sweetheart bodice trailing on the ground behind her. She wore flats underneath her dress, in attempts to save her feet from immense pain in heels.

"My Lady," Smith bowed and stepped away as they reached the doors to her mate's office. Her hands hung by the side of her body, unsure if she should knock or just walk in.

"Come in Sweetheart." Draco's voice echoed through her head just as she raised a fist to knock. A lazy grin spread across her face as she pushed the door open. Draco sat behind a stack of papers, an amused look on his face as he watched his mate enter his office.

"My King." He's so handsome.

"My Queen," he pushed back his chair to allow her to straddle his waist, her chest pressed against his in a matter of seconds. "How are you?" His hands ran up and down her spine, unable to keep to himself. She shivered. Since the mating bond had 75% completed it seemed to be even harder for either of them to be near each other without some form of physical contact.

"I'm good," she kissed his lips tenderly, hands running through hair. It was down, giving her better access to grab at. It was getting a little too long for her liking, reaching just below his collar bone, but that would be a conversation for later. "How are you?"

"Better now that I'm with you," he smiled.

Rolling her eyes at his cheesiness, she captured his lips once more, moaning at the feverishness. Her teeth bit down on his bottom, tugging on it just a little. His posture went stiff, and she paused afraid that maybe she had done something wrong.

"The meeting is starting," his tone shifted from loving and caring and mate to full on businessman.

With a nod, she expertly tied his hair up into a bun and then clambered off his lap.

The walk was short to the conference room, and the minute the two monarchs walked through the doors, all eyes fell onto Aida.

"Sit," Draco whispered sternly in her ear as they reached the head of the table. Her knees wobbled from underneath her and she sat down. Draco waved a hand for the meeting to commence.

"Word has spread that the Hunters plan to attack on the solstice." A deep rumble vibrated the ear drums of everyone in the room as the King voiced his protest. Every supernatural creature feared the Hunters, but werewolves and lycans more so. "Some loose lipped idiot let slip that the seven royal packs go to Colorado every solstice. They also managed to mention her," Alpha Jacob's thumb pointed to Aida.

"What do you mean they mentioned her," the King hissed.

Alpha Jacob trembled in his chair. "I didn't hear news about her exactly, but her name was mentioned."