copper honey

COLORS WERE SPLAYED OUT around Aida, her desk in Draco's home office cluttered with preparations for the upcoming coronation. Pictures of dresses ranging from red to light blue to white, were all her eyes could take in. "Go away Draco," she grunted when the office door opened for the fifth time that hour. "I'm still busy."

But he ignored her and walked up to the dark wood desk. "I like this one," he said pointing to an elegant mint green dress with white floral designs at the end.

"The train is long though," she massaged her temples. "I think five or six feet?"

Draco nodded, pretending like he knew what a 'train,' was. "How much does it cost?"

She shrugged, "it's one of my moms, I doubt she'll charge me, but probably $3,000. When are we going to Greece?"

"Monday."

It was Thursday, her shift was in two days and their first visit to their new home was only four days away. "Right," she muttered, rubbing her temples again.

"Headache?" He watched her nod and then walked over to her and pulled her to her feet. The high ponytail she sported, looked tight, and Draco gently tugged the hair tie out and put it around his wrist. "Better?" He asked whilst massaging her scalp.

Aida shrugged slightly, dropping her head against his chest and breathing in his scent. "I think I'm going to puke," she said nonchalantly. Her stomach gurgled, bile filling her throat and she stepped away from him quickly.

"Oh okay," he fumbled with his hands and led her to the bathroom. "Shit," he screeched when she bent over the toilet bowl and threw up her chili cheese omelette from the morning. Pulling her hair away from her face, he leaned his head against the wall. He had never done well with people throwing up, that was the only downfall if she ever got pregnant, he wouldn't be able to handle the morning sickness.

Pregnancy.

"Oh my god." He dropped her hair in surprise, "Celeste—oh my god."

"What Draco," she snapped. "My head is in a toilet bowl, what the fuck is so important?"

"I think...Celeste I think you're pregnant." He scooped her up in his arms, his thundering footsteps causing heads to turn as he raced out of the palace and through the pack grounds. "Kevin!" Draco screamed the moment he reached the hospital.

A plump man with rectangular glasses came around the corner.

"I think she's pregnant."

Kevin nodded, directing his King and Queen to an empty room. Aida stirred in Draco's arms, her eyes fluttering open.

"Alpha Rivers," Kevin smiled, "our Luna is pregnant."

"I'm pregnant," she whispered, causing Draco's head to snap down and look at her.

"I want to do an ultrasound if that's okay with you?"

"Okay." The cold gel against her stomach made her flinch, but neither the King nor Queen's eyes left the screen in front of them.

"There we are," Kevin beamed. "Two healthy pups! I estimate you're about three months along, so you'll be giving birth anytime between now and six months. Wolves in the wild give birth after about two and a half months, whereas if everything runs smoothly for humans they're pregnant for nine months before birth. Because you're both, then these lovey little pups will come when they feel like it. Because Lycans tend to give both faster than humans, we'll be able to find out gender next month."

The two higher ups thanked the doctor and walked in silence back to their castle. The goals they had planned for the day were long forgotten.

Aida walked through the house and made way for their bedroom, gingerly climbing into their California King bed.